Guest Star POW 10/18 ~ Ruth Roman

Come take a peek at our guest star forum. Here you will find bios on many of our Bonanza guest stars. We offer guest star pictures of the day and regular guest star discussions.

Moderator: CowgirlAtHeart

CowgirlAtHeart
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 276
Stories: 1
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

Forum Moderator Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024 Happy 16th Anniversary
Holiday Participation 2023 Christmas Bauble 2023 Library Beta Reader Eff 2024 Deck The Halls
Holiday Music 2023 Dan Birthday 2023 ML Birthday 2023 BINGO Halloween Spare
BINGO Halloween Participant BINGO Halloween Strike September Song 2023 BINGO Participant Spring 2023

View all badges

Guest Star POW 10/18 ~ Ruth Roman

Post by CowgirlAtHeart »

Ruth Roman appeared on Bonanza as Adah Menken in "The Magnificent Adah." Adah was a complex character and must have been difficult to play--Ruth played all the different facets of her character very well!

Cap by me

Ruth Roman was born Norma Roman in 1922. (Her mother changed her name not long after she was born, after someone told her the name "Norma" would bring bad luck.) Ruth became an A-list star in Hollywood, but her path to stardom was not easy. She spent years auditioning and auditioning, playing small bit parts when she got them, until her role as a murderer in The Window brought her into public notice. She got a contract with Warner Brothers, and in 1950 was chosen by Look Magazine as the "Big Time Movie Personality of 1950." Some of her more well-known movies are the Hitchcock film Strangers on a Train, Jungle Queen (for that movie she beat out Yvonne de Carlo for the leading role), and The Philadelphia Story. Ruth moved into the TV world in the 1960s and had long-running roles on The Long, Hot Summer and Knot's Landing, among others. Ruth passed away in 1999 at the age of 76.

A quote from Ruth: "Acting is my life. The profession can break my heart. In fact, it already has several times. But I love it."

Ruth Roman.JPG
Ruth Roman.JPG (28.25 KiB) Viewed 708 times

Ruth in Route 66
What, are you practicing to be a burglar, bettin' that kind of money on a two-card draw?
Joe, "Queen High"

:dg

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Bonanza Guest Stars”