Hello from the UK

Say hello and tell us how you got here.
Forum rules
Welcome to Bonanza Boomers. We’re happy to have you join us. Please take a moment to read our forum guidelines by clicking here.
Partisan
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 2
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

100 Posts New Member Post

View all badges

Re: Hello from the UK

Post by Partisan »

Tracy wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:15 am
:spring3 WELCOME :spring3
Hello! :thumbup
"OH, YOU THREE HUNDRED POUND ROBIN!" Joe to Hoss - "The Ponderosa Birdman".
Partisan
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

View all badges

Post by Partisan »

Adamant wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:35 am :welcome to the :ranch2 .
:howdy2 Love your saying btw "We never grow up, we just learn how to act in public". So true!
Partisan
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

View all badges

Post by Partisan »

BarbT wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:04 am Welcome to Bonanza Boomers, Partisan! :saloon
:thankyou :howdy2 :thumbup
Partisan
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

View all badges

Post by Partisan »

ali wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:57 am :hi1 Welcome to Bonanza Boomers Partisan.
:howdy2 fellow Brit!
Partisan
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

View all badges

Post by Partisan »

Julianna wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:38 pm :welcome to the :ranch2 . :howdy2 :bluechair :redchair grab yourself a seat and enjoy the site! :boomersrocks There’s a lot to do and read here it should keep you busy! I am sorry about your loss. :flowerbig :hugs I hope you enjoy your time here.
Many thanks, Julianna, I'm sure I will. As soon as I can work out how everything works!
Oxgirl
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 34
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Lil Joe

FWC Level 8 Happy 16th Anniversary FWC Level 7 Winter Memories 23/24
FWC Level 6 FWC Level 5 Break The Record Level 2 Time For A Comm'l Break 8 2023
September Song 2023 Hidden Treasures Fun With Captions Level 4 5,000 Posts
Happy 15th Anniversary Christmas Recipes 2022 Holiday Participation 2022 Fun With Captions Level 3

View all badges

Post by Oxgirl »

Partisan wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:56 am
Oxgirl wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:48 am :welcome @Partisan So sorry to hear about the loss of your husband, thanks for sharing your story. I'm so glad you found us and I hope you enjoy your time here and that it brings you some peace.
Thank you, Oxgirl. It is nice to talk to people because Covid's been so isolating. Roy and I were handling it together and when he died things kinda went pear-shaped. You get out of the habit of actually talking to people and humans were not made to live in seclusion. People like you are so friendly and welcoming it's a pleasure to come back to the site. I've befriended you - I think that's what it's called, befriending? - although idk what that actually does!
:hugs Isolation is so damaging and contact with others is just so important, do keep reaching out. To suddenly find yourself without Roy after all those years is a massive trauma for you.
I don't know what 'brefriending' is either! :laughing I did send you a PM the other day, not sure if it came through though. :thumbup
longhair
Rancher
Rancher
Badges: 244
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 40,000 Posts Happy 16th Anniversary
Happy New Year 2024 Holiday Participation 2023 Winter Memories 23/24 Christmas Bauble 2023
Deck The Halls Holiday Music 2023 Dan Birthday 2023 ML Birthday 2023
Break The Record Level 3 Time For A Comm'l Break 8 2023 September Song 2023 David Canary BDay 2023

View all badges

Post by longhair »

:howdy2 and :hugs
Bejules
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Badges: 578
Stories: 7

Global Moderator Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024
Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024 Winter Memories 23/24 Holiday Participation 2023
Christmas Bauble 2023 Deck The Halls Holiday Music 2023 Dan Birthday 2023
Hometown Holiday Dec. 2023 ML Birthday 2023 Break The Record Level 2 Time For A Comm'l Break 8 2023

View all badges

It’s my birthday

Post by Bejules »

Partisan wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:15 am
Thank you. Was your husband a great Western fan, too? I wasn't around for the original run - I was born in the late 60s so I don't remember it. I do remember LHOTP and The Waltons though because they were later. lol As you've probably guessed, it's Little Joe that kept me here - Waltons didn't have him, and LHOTP did, but he was older and as a very, very strict father, so when I was little, Charles Ingalls used to scare me! Somehow I don't think I'd have been scared by Ben Cartwright. I just could not believe how devastatingly gorgeous Joe was in the first seasons, and what with that and his loveableness and warmth, it just kept me glued. I learned to appreciate the other family members, too. I thought, "Well, it might not be realistic, but this is what true goodness is." If only we could have a bit more of it in the world. :joe
It was my gran that was the big western fan and I used to watch Bonanza with her when I was little, (when it was broadcast on UK tv in the 70s). When my husband passed and I was having yet another sleepless night, I stumbled across Bonanza on YouTube and I was hooked again. Like you, it made me feel part of a family again and then when I discovered Boomer’s my family was complete!
:bejules Proud Member of BHA

"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."
Sierras
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Badges: 277
Stories: 14

Reader's Choice Level 46 Bonanza Ballads Level 18 Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card
Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024 Reader's Choice Level 45 20,000 Posts Happy 16th Anniversary
Library Reviewer Level 2 Happy New Year 2024 Reader's Choice Level 44 Bonanza Ballads Level 17
Holiday Participation 2023 Deck The Halls Winter Memories 23/24 Christmas Bauble 2023

View all badges

Post by Sierras »

Welcome, Partisan!
I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you really enjoy your time here. I agree the Cartwrights are family. :hugs

:welcome :welcometoboomers :ranch2
"Like father like sons." Echoed by Little Joe in "Springtime"
"Now I know that we are only half brothers, but we are brothers." Adam in "The Hayburner"
:dg In fond memory of dougsgirl
Dori
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 346
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Forum Moderator St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Valentine's Day Card Happy New Year 2024
Holiday Participation 2023 Christmas Bauble 2023 BINGO Halloween Participant BINGO Halloween Gutterball
BINGO Spare Spring 2023 BINGO Participant Spring 2023 BINGO L Spring 2023 St. Patrick's Day Art 2023
Clean Up The Kitchen BINGO Participant Winter '23 Happy 15th Anniversary Happy New Year 2023

View all badges

Post by Dori »

:welcome to Boomers!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”