unintentionally funny

The Cannon family runs the High Chaparral Ranch in the Arizona Territory in the 1870s. Check out another western by David Dortort.
Yesm
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Badges: 2
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

100 Posts Fun Topic Starter

View all badges

unintentionally funny

Post by Yesm » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:47 pm

I always loved the High Chaparral, but liked it less after Billy Blue left to become a cartoonist (?). I didn't like the later episodes very much, but there was something in one of them that was unintentionally funny. The HC guys were in hot pursuit of a stagecoach containing the bad guys. Uncle Buck galloped up to the rear of the coach and grabbed onto the boot, swinging himself onto the coach and slugging the bad guy who fell off the coach. Now, I loved Uncle Buck; he was probably my very favorite of all the characters on the show, but, really? I don't think he was up to that kind of gymnastics, especially since he seemed most of the time to be unable to walk a straight line :laughing ! I still love the show, in spite of that, and I always watch this episode just for that scene alone!

Colin
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Jamie

Re: unintentionally funny

Post by Colin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:40 am

Mark Slade left and was still involved in acting for some time thereafter, while also becoming a writer and illustrator/artist.

The second last episode of season 3 actually had a plot line that saw Blue almost leaving to become an artist back East and it seems ironic that Mark Slade's life imitated art as he was gone from season 4 and no explanation was provided for his absence, unlike with Bonanza where Adam's non-appearance was mentioned several times in season 7.

Mark and his wife also run a successful communications business today.

Return to “The High Chaparral”