What does your nick stand for?

Say hello and tell us how you got here.
Forum rules
Welcome to Bonanza Boomers. We’re happy to have you join us. Please take a moment to read our forum guidelines by clicking here.
Beej*
Badges: 1
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

New Member Post

View all badges

Re: What does your nick stand for?

Post by Beej* »

I have zero imagination ( I swear my kids each stole a part when they were born) and when I tried to register on an X-Men site a million years ago (my first love a long time ago) they wanted at least four letters. I’d just used my initials up until then so I just kinda spelled them out, BeeJ , and Beej was born.
SNZ3
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: LJ

Escape To Ponderosa

View all badges

Post by SNZ3 »

I had an account on this website with a different nick, but for some reason, no matter HOW HARD I tried to get help getting logged back in (with a new password) I couldn't get anybody to reply back to me!

It's always the password that gets ya, isn't it?

So, anyway, it was easier to create a whole new account than to continue waiting for someone - anyone - to get back to me to change my password and give me permission to get back in again! Since this name is part of our phone number and is how we get people to remember the last 4 digits, I figured *I'd* remember it too! AND I use the same password that goes with this phone #, so I shouldn't forget it anymore.
daisy60
Rancher
Rancher
Badges: 258
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Oscar Chat 2024 Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024
Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024 Holiday Participation 2023 Winter Memories 23/24
Christmas Bauble 2023 Thanksgiving Recipe 2023 Break The Record Level 3 BINGO Halloween Participant
BINGO Halloween Gutterball BINGO Halloween Strike PR Birthday 2023 BINGO Participant Spring 2023

View all badges

Post by daisy60 »

I also joined with a different user name and password several years before I suddenly remembered I had signed up already. I started over again and now it's hard to get rid of me. I decided on daisy because I had daisies when I married [ it would be 46 years!] I was 60, almost 61 when I re-joined. :thumbup
flabirder
Drover
Drover
Badges: 77
Stories: 2

St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Winter Memories 23/24 Holiday Participation 2023 Hometown Holiday Dec. 2023
Christmas Bauble 2023 Holiday Music 2023 BINGO Halloween Participant BINGO Halloween Gutterball
Library Author BINGO Spare Spring 2023 BINGO Participant Spring 2023 Valentine's Day Party 2023
Meet & Greet Chat 2023 Stuffed in Chat 2023 BINGO Participant Winter '23 BINGO Strike Winter '23

View all badges

Post by flabirder »

Mine is easy. I live in Florida & I'm a birder. :grin
Is that all you can think of at a time like this, cake??? (Ben to Hoss in A Knight to Remember.)
Peasants! (Adam in A Knight to Remember.)
Anything to get rid of you. (Adam to Joe in Dead and Gone.)
:dg In loving memory of dougsgirl.
January
Site Admin
Site Admin
Badges: 507

Administrator Admin Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card
Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024 Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024 Holiday Participation 2023
Winter Memories 23/24 Christmas Bauble 2023 Deck The Halls Holiday Music 2023
Dan Birthday 2023 Hometown Holiday Dec. 2023 Thanksgiving Recipe 2023 ML Birthday 2023

View all badges

Post by January »

SNZ3 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:36 pm I had an account on this website with a different nick, but for some reason, no matter HOW HARD I tried to get help getting logged back in (with a new password) I couldn't get anybody to reply back to me!
That's odd? This board is state of the art. If you forget your password, a password reset is always sent to the user with the email that the user originally signed up with. IF your email changed and you forget your password, then you can't retrieve it ever.

Just curious as to where you were seeking help because nobody but me can help you and I didn't receive any requests for help. Were you trying to get help from an automated email?

What was your username as a quick search of your current email doesn't have any other users past or present with that email.
Leave your front door and your back door open. Allow your thoughts to come and go. Just don't serve them tea.
-Shunryu Suzuki

:app - In loving memory of my partner in crime, A Ponderosa Pine.
SNZ3
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: LJ

Escape To Ponderosa

View all badges

Post by SNZ3 »

January wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:42 pm That's odd? This board is state of the art. If you forget your password, a password reset is always sent to the user with the email that the user originally signed up with. IF your email changed and you forget your password, then you can't retrieve it ever.

Just curious as to where you were seeking help because nobody but me can help you and I didn't receive any requests for help. Were you trying to get help from an automated email?

What was your username as a quick search of your current email doesn't have any other users past or present with that email.
Thanks for inquiring, Jan.

I honestly don't remember WHEN it was, but I can give you the other info you are asking about.

I tried to login, was unable and then sent a notice to "admin" as it said. Never heard back from anyone. I tried this several times with no success. So, as I wrote, the only way to get back on the site was to get a whole new name and email.

I think the time frame would have been shortly before I registered this account....I don't know the exact date, but probably in January, February or March this year, shortly before I registered as SNZ3. I believe I had had that account for at least 3 years, but not logged in very frequently.

My screen name was Michele B and email was [email protected].

Good hunting!
January
Site Admin
Site Admin
Badges: 507

Administrator Admin Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card
Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024 Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024 Holiday Participation 2023
Winter Memories 23/24 Christmas Bauble 2023 Deck The Halls Holiday Music 2023
Dan Birthday 2023 Hometown Holiday Dec. 2023 Thanksgiving Recipe 2023 ML Birthday 2023

View all badges

Post by January »

SNZ3 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:03 pm My screen name was Michele B and email was [email protected].
I've sent you private message.
Leave your front door and your back door open. Allow your thoughts to come and go. Just don't serve them tea.
-Shunryu Suzuki

:app - In loving memory of my partner in crime, A Ponderosa Pine.
Susanna
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Badges: 33

St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Hidden Treasures Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card
Winter Memories 23/24 Christmas Bauble 2023 Dan Birthday 2023 ML Birthday 2023
Break The Record Level 1 Halloween Art 2023 Time For A Comm'l Break 8 2023 Fun With Captions Level 2

View all badges

Post by Susanna »

Some very original names - mine is not so, just a spelling variation of my own name.
Oxgirl
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 34
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Lil Joe

FWC Level 8 Happy 16th Anniversary FWC Level 7 Winter Memories 23/24
FWC Level 6 FWC Level 5 Break The Record Level 2 Time For A Comm'l Break 8 2023
September Song 2023 Hidden Treasures Fun With Captions Level 4 5,000 Posts
Happy 15th Anniversary Christmas Recipes 2022 Holiday Participation 2022 Fun With Captions Level 3

View all badges

Post by Oxgirl »

I was on an X Files board in the 90s using the same nick, so I just kept it the same; I was living in Oxford and I'm a girl!
daisy60
Rancher
Rancher
Badges: 258
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Oscar Chat 2024 Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024
Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024 Holiday Participation 2023 Winter Memories 23/24
Christmas Bauble 2023 Thanksgiving Recipe 2023 Break The Record Level 3 BINGO Halloween Participant
BINGO Halloween Gutterball BINGO Halloween Strike PR Birthday 2023 BINGO Participant Spring 2023

View all badges

Post by daisy60 »

Oxgirl wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:00 am I was on an X Files board in the 90s using the same nick, so I just kept it the same; I was living in Oxford and I'm a girl!

I used to love that show. That explains it. I thought you just liked oxes. :laughing

Return to “Introduce Yourself”