Episode 175 - A DIME'S WORTH OF GLORY

Bonanza Season 6 Episodes
Adamant
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 308
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam/Any PR character

Forum Moderator Ponderosa Prospects Bonanza Ballads Level 7 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary
September Song 2019 David Canary Birthday 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 6 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019
FFW 2019 Discussion Bonanza Ballads Level 5 Springtime 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 4
Amazon Buyer Bonanza Ballads Level 3 Lorne Greene Birthday 2019 Valentine's Day 2019

View all badges

Re: Episode 175 - A DIME'S WORTH OF GLORY

Post by Adamant » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:57 pm

One other thing, I disagree that the shove Adam gave Finch wasn't important -- it was. A man can't allow himself to be humiliated in public and since Tobias wasn't brave, he used Larrimore to do his dirty work for him. Finch wanted Adam put in his place. Even today, men don't tolerate being shoved by another man or anything that impugns their masculinity -- and unfortunately, they react violently with often catastrophic results.

Thank goodness, Larrimore finally saw how he was behaving and that he was allowing Finch to manipulate him all for the sake of revenge. And I love Adam's line, "I can live without your understanding..." I took quite a few caps from this episode a few years ago and watching it that way, I realized that this is a crucial episode in how the C's saw their place in the world and it also explored the changing times. And the C's didn't want to be puffed-up heroes, they're just men who do what they need to get on with life.

And I think Jaime is reading the same dime novel in one of the later episodes and Ben takes it from him -- or makes Jaime put it away and get back to his homework! It always makes me think that Jaime could have been reading about Ben and Adam Cartwright -- Heroes of the Ponderosa!
We never really grow up; we just learn how to act in public--anonymous

Adamant
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Forum Moderator Ponderosa Prospects Bonanza Ballads Level 7 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary
September Song 2019 David Canary Birthday 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 6 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019
FFW 2019 Discussion Bonanza Ballads Level 5 Springtime 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 4
Amazon Buyer Bonanza Ballads Level 3 Lorne Greene Birthday 2019 Valentine's Day 2019

View all badges

Post by Adamant » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:07 pm

Yup! Here it is. From "The New Hand." Wonder if it's autographed by the author?

Image cap by Bejules

Julianna
Drover
Drover
Badges: 55
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Warm & Fuzzy Fall 2019 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary September Song 2019 BINGO Winner - Eff Summer 2019
Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Epilogue FFW 2019 Puzzlers
FFW 2019 GAMES BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game
BINGO Clue Round-Up Game BINGO Gutterball Round-Up Game Springtime 2019 Saint Patrick's Day 2019

View all badges

Post by Julianna » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:01 pm

Adamant, thank you so much for the link! Excellent article you wrote.
These users thanked the author Julianna for the post:
Adamant

Julianna
Drover
Drover

Warm & Fuzzy Fall 2019 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary September Song 2019 BINGO Winner - Eff Summer 2019
Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Epilogue FFW 2019 Puzzlers
FFW 2019 GAMES BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game
BINGO Clue Round-Up Game BINGO Gutterball Round-Up Game Springtime 2019 Saint Patrick's Day 2019

View all badges

Post by Julianna » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:40 pm

January wrote:Image

Next comes a lengthy scene with Adam and his torn shirt. Showing all that magnificent chest hair. Was that done on purpose to make all the females faint in place? I mean, the shirt could have been torn anywhere, but no, it had to be torn in a place filled with all that chest hair. :faint

Knowing PR, it makes me wonder if this season 6 episode was one that made PR argue more with TPTB. I mean, he never wanted to be known as eye candy and here he was in all his glory. :lol
Personally , I think he had no problem showing off his body when it was looking good! Numerous episodes, he shows off that chest and far more than we get to see here! :yes many other roles too. Then in Battle of Network Stars he is in a speedo. A very fine figure for a 53 year old. :drool Was it done on purpose, I think so. Betty Endicott confirms more fan mail was written to PR (Adam)than anyone else before he left.

Adamant
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

View all badges

Post by Adamant » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:52 am

Julianna wrote: Personally , I think he had no problem showing off his body when it was looking good! Numerous episodes, he shows off that chest and far more than we get to see here! :yes many other roles too. Then in Battle of Network Stars he is in a speedo. A very fine figure for a 53 year old. :drool Was it done on purpose, I think so. Betty Endicott confirms more fan mail was written to PR (Adam)than anyone else before he left.
Chest? Did someone say chest?
VIC_21.jpg
TJMD
VIC_21.jpg (42.54 KiB) Viewed 453 times
Adam was always my favorite Cartwright when I was just a kid watching reruns but seeing PR in TJMD, well, it made me snap to. Gonzo? Who's he?
These users thanked the author Adamant for the post:
Julianna

Julianna
Drover
Drover

View all badges

Post by Julianna » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:05 pm

Adamant wrote:
Julianna wrote: Personally , I think he had no problem showing off his body when it was looking good! Numerous episodes, he shows off that chest and far more than we get to see here! :yes many other roles too. Then in Battle of Network Stars he is in a speedo. A very fine figure for a 53 year old. :drool Was it done on purpose, I think so. Betty Endicott confirms more fan mail was written to PR (Adam)than anyone else before he left.
Chest? Did someone say chest?

VIC_21.jpg

Adam was always my favorite Cartwright when I was just a kid watching reruns but seeing PR in TJMD, well, it made me snap to. Gonzo? Who's he?
Looks good to me for 50 something! :thud

Return to “Season 6”