Episode 83 - THE LADY FROM BALTIMORE

Bonanza Season 3 Episodes
CowgirlAtHeart
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 176
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

Forum Moderator Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 Board Navigation 2019
Bonanza Ballads Level 6 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Puzzlers
BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game Bonanza Ballads Level 5
BINGO Clue Round-Up Game Springtime 2019 Reader's Choice Level 3 Saint Patrick's Day 2019

View all badges

Re: Episode 83 - THE LADY FROM BALTIMORE

Post by CowgirlAtHeart » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:08 pm

Cartwright fan. wrote:Second, a comment Adam made jumped out at me. It's where he's talking to Ben about going away for a while, and asks, "Mind if I take Hoss with me?" He asks it with the same manner he'd ask, 'can I bring the dog with me?', with. And Ben just saying sure, well, it certainly amused me!!! :ha
Oh, Adam! Hoss is kind and obliging but he is not a doormat or the family dog! Better ask him if he wants to go!
These users thanked the author CowgirlAtHeart for the post:
Cartwright fan.
What, are you practicing to be a burglar, bettin' that kind of money on a two-card draw?Joe, "Queen High"

Kladde72
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 1
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

New Member Post

View all badges

Post by Kladde72 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:41 am

I too think that Adam was attracted to Melinda, but that her behavior put him off. I personally HATE when a women throws herself at a man like that. If the guy is interested, he will sertainly let her now. Not something that I would do. I would flirt a little to see if the guy is interested or not. If he´s not, well, it´s his loss.

Kladde72

Adamant
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 303
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam/Any PR character

Forum Moderator Bonanza Ballads Level 6 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion
Bonanza Ballads Level 5 Springtime 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 4 Amazon Buyer
Bonanza Ballads Level 3 Lorne Greene Birthday 2019 Valentine's Day 2019 Fun With Captions Level 3
Reader's Choice Level 1 Bonanza Ballads Level 2 11th Anniversary Step Up 2019

View all badges

Post by Adamant » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:36 pm

CowgirlAtHeart wrote:
Cartwright fan. wrote:Second, a comment Adam made jumped out at me. It's where he's talking to Ben about going away for a while, and asks, "Mind if I take Hoss with me?" He asks it with the same manner he'd ask, 'can I bring the dog with me?', with. And Ben just saying sure, well, it certainly amused me!!! :ha
Oh, Adam! Hoss is kind and obliging but he is not a doormat or the family dog! Better ask him if he wants to go!
I always saw it -- and still do -- as Adam asking because Hoss is needed on the ranch and both of them would then be gone for a few days/weeks. It's because Hoss is necessary that Adam asks if it's alright.
These users thanked the author Adamant for the post (total 2):
CowgirlAtHeartJulianna
We never really grow up; we just learn how to act in public--anonymous

Drifter
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Badges: 14
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

1,000 Posts 100 Posts Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019
PODs Oscar Chat 2019 Valentine's Day 2019 Christmas 2018
Hidden Treasures Halloween 2018 Time For A Commercial Break 4 Surprise Level 1
Break The Record eff 2018 New Member Post

View all badges

Post by Drifter » Sun May 26, 2019 7:47 am

Out of all the Bonanza episodes. This is the first episode I can recall the most vividly. Let’s see if I can recall it from an 11/12 year old perspective: Cartwrights have company over including a pretty girl. Joe likes girl. Girl likes Adam instead. Sounds simple, except discovered I was putting myself in Melinda’s shoes and trying to relate to how she was feeling... By the time I realized what was happening (with Melinda), Adam was away with Hoss, and I spent the rest of the episode wondering what Dr. Bellows was doing on the Ponderosa (I was already a fan of I Dream of Jeannie)! Looking back now that I’m older, I recognize actors playing different roles, and I don’t see Hayden Rourke as Dr. Bellows (who didn’t exist yet at that point in time of filming). I will admit Joe was very cute, though I still see what Melinda saw...but even now I still don’t see why Adam went away!

daisy60
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Badges: 141
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

BINGO Line Summer 2019 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 3 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1
BINGO After Party Zazzle Buyer BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game
Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Search Valentine's Day Oscar Chat 2019 BINGO Gutterball Valentine's
Valentine's Day 2019 15,000 Posts Out Of The Blue Amazon Buyer

View all badges

Post by daisy60 » Sun May 26, 2019 8:09 am

Melinda's mom was the one trying to push her into a marriage with Joe, because she thought he was easier to control :rotfl Melinda was a bit too obvious! She pretty much threw herself at Adam. There may have been a relationship between Adam and Melinda but Adam backed off so as not too hurt Joe. It hurt Joe anyway! :shrug

Return to “Season 3”