Episode 172 - THANKS FOR EVERYTHING FRIEND

Bonanza Season 6 Episodes
Sharry
Drover
Drover
Badges: 60
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Reader's Choice Level 4 Reader's Choice Level 3 Reader's Choice Level 2 Springtime 2019
Reader's Choice Level 1 Amazon Buyer Super Bowl 2019 11th Anniversary
Winter 2018/2019 Ponderosa Nightmares 2018 Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1
Break The Record eff 2018 Oktoberfest Recipe 2018 Feedback Corral Summer 2018

View all badges

Re: Episode 172 - THANKS FOR EVERYTHING FRIEND

Post by Sharry » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:32 am

Calamity wrote:Adam in a blanket. :grin
That was the best part of that episode for me. :yes

manulanee
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 42
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam / Pernell

Winter 2018/2019 11th Anniversary Step Up 2019 Surprise Level 5
Surprise Level 4 Surprise Level 3 Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1
Break The Record eff 2018 5,000 Posts September Song 2018 Summer 2018
Olympic Bronze 2018 Valentine's Day 2018 Anniversary Word Puzzle 10th Anniversary Letter U

View all badges

Post by manulanee » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:21 pm

I always love it when Rory Calhoun is telling a joke which the other four did not know or which was not the one he was supposed to tell. So not only the characters start laughing, but the actors themselves can't stop. Even Pernell has to quickly put down his mug to avoid spilling the contents. It's just hilarious! :ha
Rory may have played another trick on the set, when he ties and gags Adam. Though I'm not sure: Pernell suddenly turns distinctly red when Rory gags him and I'm always wondering whether he is just fastening the bandana too tightly or whether he is paying back some joke Pernell has played on him earlier. They may both have been the same pranksters. :cool1
Last edited by manulanee on Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
How many lives - do you figure - yours is worth? (Adam in "The Way Station")
A child is no pot to be filled, but a fire to be ignited. (François Rabelais)

Calamity
Rancher
Rancher
Badges: 268
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: All Four Cartwrights

BINGO Search Emoticon Edition BINGO Gutterball Emoticon Ed. Without A Trace 5 Countdown to 1,111,111
Stepping Up 2017 Christmas 2016 New Year's Resolutions 2017 Modern Art
Stuffed In Chat Dan Blocker Birthday 2016 Slow Cooker Recipes Guest Who's Coming To Dinner
Lorne Greene's Birthday 2009 The Coloring Book In Memory David Canary Halloween Tales 2016

View all badges

Post by Calamity » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:31 pm

Young Tom Skerritt plays Jerry in this one but comes back for the last episode as a looney going after Joe. I like to think that Tom and Sue drove him crazy.
Proud Owner of Adam's Poetry Book, Lafe's Auction June 2016
Proud Member of BHA
♪ ♫ ♬ Buffalo gals won't you come out tonight? ♪ ♫ ♬

emilysean
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Badges: 63
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: adam

Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Spare Valentine's Day BINGO Search Valentine's Day Without A Trace 7
BINGO Gutterball Games Edition Guess The Guest Star Anniversary Don't Blink Step Up To 2018
Christmas 2017 Ponderosa Nightmares IV Oktoberfest 2017 Time For A Commercial Break 3
Without A Trace 6 Talk like a pirate 2017 Gutterball BINGO Quotes Fan Fiction Weekend April 2017

View all badges

Post by emilysean » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:31 pm

I always wondered how Adam got his hat back. If I remember correctly it floated down the river. Or maybe hats like horses know their way home. :summer2

PJudith
Drover
Drover
Badges: 36

BINGO Clue Round-Up Game 11th Anniversary Without A Trace 8 The Secret Word 2
Fun with Captions Level 1 BINGO Snail Games Edition Olympic Bronze 2018 Anniversary Puzzler
Anniversary Don't Blink 10th Anniversary Letter S Anniversary Secret Word Anniversary Poem or Artwork
Step Up To 2018 Christmas 2017 Not So Guilty Pleasures Thanksgiving To Remember

View all badges

Post by PJudith » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:22 pm

emilysean wrote:I always wondered how Adam got his hat back. If I remember correctly it floated down the river. Or maybe hats like horses know their way home. :summer2
:laughing Actually I think Adam had extras. Just like Joe must've had 25 green jackets (or else he had a great dry cleaner).

Adam seemed rather torn in this episode. He was eternally grateful to Tom but he certainly didn't approve of his womaniziong. Tom and Adam were personality opposites and would've been good friends if Tom had not chose to live so dishonestly.

I think deep down Adam had a tiny bit of envy for Tom's loose and freewheeling lifestyle with no responsibilities. In contrast Adam was so buttoned down and had so many obligations and responsibilities. I think Adam would've like to cut loose once in a while and maybe take a trip with a guy like Tom, minus the girlfriend stealing and thieving, of course

dougsgirl
Rancher
Rancher
Badges: 267

Bonanza's 60th Anniversary September Song 2019 David Canary Birthday 2019 Fun With Captions Level 2
Bonanza Ballads Level 5 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 3 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1
45,000 Posts Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game
BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Clue Round-Up Game Springtime 2019 Paint Me A Picture

View all badges

Post by dougsgirl » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:13 pm

I always thought that scene where Tom lifts Sue out of the way so Jerry doesn't spill punch on her was very strange. I did replay several times and it didn't look like Jerry tripped or anything so why did Tom assume Sue might have punch spilt on her?

Cartwright fan.
Drover
Drover
Badges: 89
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss.

David's Birthday 2018 The Secret Word 2 Fun With Captions Level 2 Words Words Words
Bonanza Ballads Level 1 Pernell Birthday 2018 Without A Trace 7 St. Patrick's Day 2018
Pie Recipe for Pi Day 2018 BINGO Gutterball Games Edition BINGO Challenge Games Edition Academy Awards Chat 2018
Guess The Guest Star Lorne Greene Birthday Anniversary Hidden Treasures Boomers Contribution

View all badges

Post by Cartwright fan. » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:05 pm

dougsgirl wrote:I always thought that scene where Tom lifts Sue out of the way so Jerry doesn't spill punch on her was very strange. I did replay several times and it didn't look like Jerry tripped or anything so why did Tom assume Sue might have punch spilt on her?
From what I could see, Tom probably just did it because he wanted to impress Sue, and because he did it, Jerry spilled the punch. Something tells me Tom knew that Jerry was clumsy enough to spill the punch, so pulling Sue out of the way was the best thing Tom could do for himself. It was a win-win for Tom, because not only did he get to hold Sue in his arms, but he got to make Jerry look like an idiot too. Just my observations.
"Anybody can have a child but that doesn't make him a father!!!" -Hoss Cartwright- "A Dream to Dream"
"I've read the last page of the Bible. It's all going to turn out all right." -Billy Graham-

Doolittle
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 1

FanFic Writer Badge

View all badges

Post by Doolittle » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:37 pm

Ben offering the ladies at the Bar-be-que some fresh "homemade" bread. What other kind of bread would they have on a ranch in the 1800s? You could tell that this was an ad lib, something we might comment on today but surely didn't make sense at the time!

January
Site Admin
Site Admin
Badges: 367

Administrator Admin Bonanza's 60th Anniversary September Song 2019
David Canary Birthday 2019 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 3 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1
Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game
BINGO Gutterball Round-Up Game BINGO Clue Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019 Springtime 2019

View all badges

Post by January » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:11 am

Doolittle wrote:Ben offering the ladies at the Bar-be-que some fresh "homemade" bread. What other kind of bread would they have on a ranch in the 1800s?
:rotfl So true! I don't think I would have picked up on that.
Leave your front door and your back door open. Allow your thoughts to come and go. Just don't serve them tea.
-Shunryu Suzuki

manulanee
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 42
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam / Pernell

Winter 2018/2019 11th Anniversary Step Up 2019 Surprise Level 5
Surprise Level 4 Surprise Level 3 Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1
Break The Record eff 2018 5,000 Posts September Song 2018 Summer 2018
Olympic Bronze 2018 Valentine's Day 2018 Anniversary Word Puzzle 10th Anniversary Letter U

View all badges

Post by manulanee » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:44 pm

When Adam loses his hat during the plunge, you can see for a second that there is no toupee, then - cut - his horse comes into sight, probably brought the toupee and it is back again. :razz :grin
Losing hat.jpg
Losing hat.jpg (134.4 KiB) Viewed 996 times
These users thanked the author manulanee for the post:
Sharry
How many lives - do you figure - yours is worth? (Adam in "The Way Station")
A child is no pot to be filled, but a fire to be ignited. (François Rabelais)

Return to “Season 6”