Episode 150 - MY SON, MY SON

Bonanza Season 5 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 150 - MY SON, MY SON

Post by Episode Guide » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:31 am

Date: January 19, 1964

Summary: Ben wants to marry again and is engaged to widow Katherine Saunders. But the engagement is in danger when Katherine’s son is wanted for murder.

Written by: Denne Bart Petitclerc
Directed by: William F. Claxton
Guest Stars: Victor Sen Yung as Hop Sing, Ray Teal as Sheriff Roy Coffee, Teresa Wright as Katherine Saunders, Dee Pollock as Eden Saunders

Slideshow courtesy of Tracy

PJudith
Drover
Drover
Badges: 37
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

St Patrick's Day Limerick 2020 BINGO Clue Round-Up Game 11th Anniversary Without A Trace 8
The Secret Word 2 Fun with Captions Level 1 BINGO Snail Games Edition Olympic Bronze 2018
Anniversary Puzzler Anniversary Don't Blink 10th Anniversary Letter S Anniversary Secret Word
Anniversary Poem or Artwork Step Up To 2018 Christmas 2017 Not So Guilty Pleasures

View all badges

Re: Episode 150 - MY SON, MY SON

Post by PJudith » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:34 pm

A bittersweet Ben romance that's doomed (for the Cartwrights is there any other kind?) :sad Too bad Katherine's son could not have delayed his return until after Ben and Katherine married. They had a brief interlude of happiness but it was not destined to last.

I have to confess though, the title of this episode always makes me laugh. Does anyone remember the old Hanna-Barbera cartoons? One of my favorites was Augie Doggy and Doggy Daddy. Doggy Daddy would always say in his Jimmy Durante sounding voice . "Augie, my son, my son". I'm so glad Katherine's son was named Eden and not August.

ellen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 130

Forum Moderator Guess The Guest Star Sp. 2020 Oscar Chat 2020 Stuffed in Chat 2020
Meet & Greet Chat 2020 WAT 9 12th Anniversary BB Christmas Baubles 2019
Christmas Card Team Zazzle Buyer Springtime 2019 Oscar Chat 2019
Out Of The Blue Step Up 2019 Christmas 2018 Thanksgiving 2018

View all badges

Post by ellen » Wed May 24, 2017 2:04 pm

I like this episode because I like Katherine. Even though she has a HUGE blind spot when it comes to her son - and what mother doesn't? - Ben is besotted enough to try to hide Eden until he can insure a fair trial.

Interesting trivia about Teresa Wright - she was nominated for Oscars for her first 3 movie roles:
- Best Supporting Actress for The Little Foxes (1941)
- Best Supporting Actress for Mrs. Miniver (1942)
- Best Actress for The Pride of the Yankees (1942)

Yes, she was nominated for both Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress in 1942! She won the Best Supporting Actress for Mrs. Miniver. But she never received another Oscar nomination.

Here's a site with some information on her: http://www.altfg.com/film/teresa-wright/
These users thanked the author ellen for the post:
Julianna
:ellen Congress is so strange. A man gets up to speak and says nothing. Nobody listens. Then everybody disagrees. - Will Rogers

Janet the Wicked
Drover
Drover
Badges: 15
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben

Pernell Roberts Birthday 2020 Guess The Guest Star Sp. 2020 1,000 Posts Rethink, Recycle, Reuse!
Lorne Greene Birthday 2020 Meet & Greet Chat 2020 WAT 9 10th Anniversary Letter W
Step up to 2020 Don't Blink PODs Bonanza's 60th Anniversary
Amazon Buyer 100 Posts New Member Post

View all badges

Post by Janet the Wicked » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:33 am

I enjoy episodes where Ben has a love interest, but this woman brought nothing but her troubled life to the Ponderosa. The romance was doomed from the beginning and Ben should have seen it coming. Adam shoots those looks across the dinner table and Ben senses there's troubling news that Adam has to spill. Too bad Adam didn't tell Ben he was making a HUGE mistake wanting to marry this woman. Battered, beaten and broken once more, our beloved Ben stands outside with a broken heart to bid Katherine a final farewell.
Is that all you can think about at a time like this, cake???

daisy60
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Badges: 160
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

20,000 Posts Guess The Guest Star Sp. 2020 St Patrick's Day Limerick 2020 BINGO Winter 2020 Participant
Valentine's Day 2020 Rethink, Recycle, Reuse! BINGO Strike Winter 2020 Oscar Chat 2020
Stuffed in Chat 2020 Meet & Greet Chat 2020 Chat Host Pattern This!
WAT 9 12th Anniversary BB Step up to 2020 Christmas Baubles 2019

View all badges

Post by daisy60 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:41 pm

Katherine seemed like a sweet lady but unfortunately her wayward son came between them. Even when Eden shot Ben, Eden was the one Katherine ran to! She didn't seem concerned about Ben. :duh :shrug

Julianna
Drover
Drover
Badges: 72

Fun With Captions Level 2 Gardening 2020 Crafting 2020 Guess The Guest Star Sp. 2020
St Patrick's Day Limerick 2020 Rethink, Recycle, Reuse! BINGO Spare Winter 2020 BINGO Winter 2020 Participant
Valentine's Day 2020 Oscar Chat 2020 Pattern This! WAT 9
12th Anniversary BB Step up to 2020 Christmas Baubles 2019 December Delectables

View all badges

Post by Julianna » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:04 pm

PJudith wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:34 pm
A bittersweet Ben romance that's doomed (for the Cartwrights is there any other kind?) :sad Too bad Katherine's son could not have delayed his return until after Ben and Katherine married. They had a brief interlude of happiness but it was not destined to last.

I have to confess though, the title of this episode always makes me laugh. Does anyone remember the old Hanna-Barbera cartoons? One of my favorites was Augie Doggy and Doggy Daddy. Doggy Daddy would always say in his Jimmy Durante sounding voice . "Augie, my son, my son". I'm so glad Katherine's son was named Eden and not August.
When I mention Huckleberry Hound and Angie dogie and Dogie daddy, most people don’t know what I am talking about. I am glad to know someone else has seen those shows from Hanna Barbera. :very happy

Julianna
Drover
Drover

Fun With Captions Level 2 Gardening 2020 Crafting 2020 Guess The Guest Star Sp. 2020
St Patrick's Day Limerick 2020 Rethink, Recycle, Reuse! BINGO Spare Winter 2020 BINGO Winter 2020 Participant

View all badges

Post by Julianna » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:13 pm

Yes, Adam always brings home the bad news from town. I liked this character for Pa. she seemed the right age. So many ladies post Adam seemed too young for Pa. However, this seemed so wrong for the Cartwrights not to turn Eden in and get him a decent lawyer. Just saying, it’s not what they usually do.

Janet the Wicked
Drover
Drover

Pernell Roberts Birthday 2020 Guess The Guest Star Sp. 2020 1,000 Posts Rethink, Recycle, Reuse!
Lorne Greene Birthday 2020 Meet & Greet Chat 2020 WAT 9 10th Anniversary Letter W

View all badges

Post by Janet the Wicked » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:49 pm

Julianna wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:04 pm
PJudith wrote:

When I mention Huckleberry Hound and Angie dogie and Dogie daddy, most people don’t know what I am talking about. I am glad to know someone else has seen those shows from Hanna Barbera. :very happy
You left out Pixie, Dixie and Mr. Jinx. I hate meeces to pieces!

Julianna
Drover
Drover

View all badges

Post by Julianna » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:51 pm

Janet the Wicked wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:49 pm
Julianna wrote:
PJudith wrote:

:lol
So I did! Loved Mr. Jinx and Pixie and Dixie! :thumbup

Janet the Wicked
Drover
Drover

View all badges

Post by Janet the Wicked » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:29 am

Julianna wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:51 pm
Janet the Wicked wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:49 pm
Julianna wrote:

:lol
So I did! Loved Mr. Jinx and Pixie and Dixie! :thumbup
You remember when any of these characters, Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, really any Hanna Barbera character would wake up, stretch, yawn and smack their lips? I still do that to this day.

Return to “Season 5”