Episode 168 - WALTER AND THE OUTLAWS

Bonanza Season 5 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 168 - WALTER AND THE OUTLAWS

Post by Episode Guide » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:07 am

Date: May 24, 1964

Summary: ‘Walter and the outlaws’ is a sequel to ‘Any friend of Walter’s’. Hoss agrees to take care of Walter, a dog, while Obie, his owner, is away. Three outlaws take Walter as hostage. Hoss and his friend Obie try to free the dog.

Written by: Lois Hire
Directed by: Ralph E. Black
Guest Stars: Arthur Hunnicutt as Obie, Steve Brodie as Macy, James Luisi as Willard, Vic Werber as Teague

Slideshow courtesy of Freya

PJudith
Drover
Drover
Badges: 36
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

BINGO Clue Round-Up Game 11th Anniversary Without A Trace 8 The Secret Word 2
Fun with Captions Level 1 BINGO Snail Games Edition Olympic Bronze 2018 Anniversary Puzzler
Anniversary Don't Blink 10th Anniversary Letter S Anniversary Secret Word Anniversary Poem or Artwork
Step Up To 2018 Christmas 2017 Not So Guilty Pleasures Thanksgiving To Remember

View all badges

Re: Episode 168 - WALTER AND THE OUTLAWS

Post by PJudith » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:06 pm

... subtitled (by me) Don't Mess with Walter :no

That canine genius in his return engagement loves the low notes, predicts the weather with his fur, borrows Joe's quilt and likes to sleep with a southern exposure. Also since he "aint no puppy" , takes his evening constitutional in search of romance but encounters the same inept crooks who tried to rob him before. They think they have the drop on Walter, but he's the one taking them for a ride. :fasthorse

Meanwhile back at the ranch :ranch ...Hoss finds the ransom note and fears that Walter has been the victim of foul play, later he fears giving Obie the ransom note, Obie fears that Walter will find out "how little they asked for him."

The two would be rescuers set off to find Walter who, it should be obvious to Obie after all this time, needs NO rescuing. Instead Walter gives his captors the slip while Hoss and Obie get "hung up".

Later, man and mutt have a happy reunion and we learn the one flaw Walter possesses. He needs reading glasses. I hope they are prescription shades cos he is just too cool :beach

Sorry I am going overboard on the Walter stuff. Some of you may remember me talking about my Sally. She was a golden retriever but resembled Walter a bit. She was almost fifteen and I lost her just after Easter, just before her birthday. I miss her something awful and talking about Walter helps in some way. I better stop or I'll start bawling :sob Thanks for listening!!
Last edited by PJudith on Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Calamity
Rancher
Rancher
Badges: 268
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: All Four Cartwrights

BINGO Search Emoticon Edition BINGO Gutterball Emoticon Ed. Without A Trace 5 Countdown to 1,111,111
Stepping Up 2017 Christmas 2016 New Year's Resolutions 2017 Modern Art
Stuffed In Chat Dan Blocker Birthday 2016 Slow Cooker Recipes Guest Who's Coming To Dinner
Lorne Greene's Birthday 2009 The Coloring Book In Memory David Canary Halloween Tales 2016

View all badges

Post by Calamity » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:19 pm

Walter is one of my favorite BZ characters so you can imagine how happy I was when they brought him back. :dog4 He may not be the most energetic of Ponderosa guests but he certainly is a clever one. After all, Ben let him stay in the house.
Proud Owner of Adam's Poetry Book, Lafe's Auction June 2016
Proud Member of BHA
♪ ♫ ♬ Buffalo gals won't you come out tonight? ♪ ♫ ♬

PJudith
Drover
Drover

Fun with Captions Level 1 BINGO Snail Games Edition Olympic Bronze 2018 Anniversary Puzzler
Anniversary Don't Blink 10th Anniversary Letter S Anniversary Secret Word Anniversary Poem or Artwork

View all badges

Post by PJudith » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:38 am

I watched this episode last night on youtube, hard to believe but I haven't seen it in a while :yes Walter's still a caution.

This episode proved Obie had trouble with basic arithmetic so no wonder he depended on Walter so much. In the first scene Hoss is scolding him for not visiting his sister for so long and asks him how many years it has been.

Obie says that he last saw her in '43, so it's been 16 years. That would make the current year 1859, uh no. :no This episode took place after the Laura arc and the date on her husband's tombstone was clearly 1861. Laura and Adam were courting almost a year according to Triangle. In that episode Peggy said it had been almost a year since Adam gave her that pony Traveler.

So Obie, it's been almost twenty years since you saw your sister! No wonder you need Walter.

daisy60
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Badges: 142
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

Bonanza's 60th Anniversary BINGO Line Summer 2019 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 3 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2
Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 BINGO After Party Zazzle Buyer BINGO Spare Round-Up Game
BINGO Search Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Search Valentine's Day Oscar Chat 2019
BINGO Gutterball Valentine's Valentine's Day 2019 15,000 Posts Out Of The Blue

View all badges

Post by daisy60 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:35 am

Those silly script writers! They must have needed Walter, also. That Walter was moving so quickly if you blink you miss him. My grand daughter said she wishes she had a dog like Walter.

PJudith
Drover
Drover

View all badges

Post by PJudith » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:19 pm

Your granddaughter is very wise :yes and has very good taste in canines.

Return to “Season 5”