Hello, people, I am new!

Say hello and tell us how you got here.
Forum rules
Welcome to Bonanza Boomers. We’re happy to have you join us. Please take a moment to read our forum guidelines by clicking here.
ShiningBright
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Cochise, Buck, Chub, Sport

Hello, people, I am new!

Post by ShiningBright »

I am very new, actually. New to the forum, and new to Bonanza. Or I think I started watching Bonanza irregularly last year. Until then I knew the title and theme melody (everyone does!) and knew it was about Cowboys, and I also new the name 'Ponderosa' but that was pretty much it, I don't think I would have taken it too seriously. But now that it airs again in Germany, I discovered it by accident in the middle of the night, and was surprised what a good show Bonanza is, and how gracefully it aged (mostly). But since I usually like old tv shows (mostly from the 70s to 90s) I am not too surprised that I like Bonanza. In fact, I like very few modern shows and the few I like all stopped airing over here (like Call the Midwife, the best series of this decade!) and so I almost exclusively watch reruns of classic shows, including Bonanza now. I also love all things set in the 19th century, so it's actually a perfect show for me! I just always thought it was more about the bullet-shooting stereotype it seems to be associated with - 'cause that's not my cup of tea at all!

I don't really have a favourite Cartwright, I generally like all of them. If I had to pick a favourite character, it would actually be Cochise. From the first episode I watched on I noticed how gorgeous Little Joe's horse is, and how cute he walks. Until I found out that all four horses were 'actors' I actually thought Cochise was Michael Landon's own horse, because of their great chemistry. Such a cute gait, especially in the hind legs! Okay, I know that's silly...

The first episode that hooked me was 'The Pure Truth' - really, really good writing and I adored Loony. I love the way she always said the truth and so made sure no one would believe her. It's so... realistic, if you know what I mean. I have had it so often that people wouldn't believe me when I said the truth, but would have instantly believed me if I had lied.

I think the spectrum of Bonanza is very interesting - from dramatic to funny, from violent to cosy, from superb to silly writing, from aspects that are ahead of their time to others that can only be excused by its age. Watching one episode of Bonanza does by no means give you an impression about the series. That's interesting, really.

But I should introduce myself. My name is Chiara, I am nineteen years old, live in Germany, am an aspiring author, love animals, and drink a lot of tea. I have a tendency to peculiar behavior, and have plenty of seemingly paradoxical characteristics. I love people and the world around me, and even though I know that I can be difficult, I do my best to be nice. The good think about me is that when I am friendly, I absolutely mean it. Whether I mean it when I am unfriendly is not as certain - it could also be a mode of protection or my hot temper. But I'd never lie about my sympathy and really mean well. I also draw a line between shared opinions and emotional affection. I can very well be friends with someone I'd oppose sides with in a debate. I can be very opinionated when it comes to matters that are important to me, but I also love to learn. I am also very optimistic and can be ridiculously cheerful. I love to write (obviously), to draw (I wish I was better at it), to sing (same here!), to cook (natural talent) and listen to music and to read. In music and books, my taste is mostly old, and when not old, obscure, with some exceptions.

I went to an Elton John concert last Friday! And I do mention it here, because I mention it wherever and whenever I can. I still have the excitement in my bones, I can't help it - I have waited for that moment since I was a kid! And he came to the middle of nowhere, where I live, which is crazy enough.

When I make a spelling or grammar mistake, just feel free to correct me or to ask what I mean if it's unintelligible. In addition to English not being my native tongue, I also have a habit of talking in weird sentences, no matter the language.

I hope you don't mind that I haven't seen too many Bonanza episodes yet. I will try to participate where I can, but it's also very well possible that I'll spend much time reading.
The true perfection of man lies, not in what man has, but in what man is.
~Oscar Wilde
January
Site Admin
Site Admin
Badges: 507
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Administrator Admin Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card
Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024 Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024 Holiday Participation 2023
Winter Memories 23/24 Christmas Bauble 2023 Deck The Halls Holiday Music 2023
Dan Birthday 2023 Hometown Holiday Dec. 2023 Thanksgiving Recipe 2023 ML Birthday 2023

View all badges

Re: Hello, people, I am new!

Post by January »

:welcome to Bonanza Boomers ShiningBright.

Your English is absolutely perfect! So nice to have you and your enthusiasm here with us on Boomers.

Take a few minutes to check out our guidelines for the board. You can find them here

We’re happy to have you here with us. Have fun! :cheer
Leave your front door and your back door open. Allow your thoughts to come and go. Just don't serve them tea.
-Shunryu Suzuki

:app - In loving memory of my partner in crime, A Ponderosa Pine.
ShiningBright
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Post by ShiningBright »

Wow, I've just tried to introduce myself again, because I thought I'd have forgotten to submit it!

Whew, that's good to hear!

I did read the guidelines! Oh, did I accidentally break a rule? Or do you just generally tell newbies to read them? I hope it's the second case ;D

Thank you :)
~Oscar Wilde
January
Site Admin
Site Admin
Badges: 507

Administrator Admin Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card
Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024 Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024 Holiday Participation 2023
Dan Birthday 2023 Hometown Holiday Dec. 2023 Thanksgiving Recipe 2023 ML Birthday 2023

View all badges

Post by January »

ShiningBright wrote:Wow, I've just tried to introduce myself again, because I thought I'd have forgotten to submit it!

Whew, that's good to hear!

I did read the guidelines! Oh, did I accidentally break a rule? Or do you just generally tell newbies to read them? I hope it's the second case ;D

Thank you :)
You didn't break any rule, I automatically tell newbies to read the rules. :thumbup
Leave your front door and your back door open. Allow your thoughts to come and go. Just don't serve them tea.
-Shunryu Suzuki

:app - In loving memory of my partner in crime, A Ponderosa Pine.
dougsgirl
Rancher
Rancher
Badges: 325

BINGO Spare Summer 2021 BINGO Participant Summer 2021 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2021 Bonanza Ballads Level 11
Haiku Poem 2021 Bonanza Ballads Level 10 Lorne Greene Birthday 2021 60,000 Posts
13th Anniversary Organizing Secrets Happy New Year 2021 New Year's Eve Chat 2020/2021
Christmas 2020 BINGO Participant xmas 2020 BINGO Winner Christmas 2020 Christmas Bauble 2020

View all badges

Post by dougsgirl »

[center]:howdy2 ShiningBright and :hi1 to :saloon[/center][/color]
ShiningBright
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Post by ShiningBright »

Thank you, dougsgirl :)
~Oscar Wilde
october
Wrangler
Wrangler
Badges: 167

Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024 Winter Memories 23/24 Deck The Halls
Fun With Captions Level 4 Break The Record Level 2 BINGO Halloween Participant Fun With Captions Level 3
Time For A Comm'l Break 8 2023 September Song 2023 Fun With Captions Level 2 BINGO Participant Spring 2023
St. Patrick's Day Limerick '23 Fun with Captions Level 1 Happy 15th Anniversary Happy New Year 2023

View all badges

Post by october »

:hi1 Enjoy your visits :welcome

Elton John puts on a great show - he has such a wonderful catalogue of songs.
:app :dg
Lorne's Girl
Drover
Drover
Badges: 80
Stories: 1
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben

Group Member St. Patrick's Day Thanksgiving Recipe 2012 Recipe Challenge
Red White & blue Holiday Decorations 2010 Thanksgiving 2010 Autumn 2014
Labor Day 2014 Christmas 2012 Stuffed in chat Letters to Santa 2012
Christmas 2013 Thanksgiving 2013 Thanksgiving  2011 Summer 2014

View all badges

Post by Lorne's Girl »

:welcome
ShiningBright
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Post by ShiningBright »

Thanks, octover and Lorne's Girl!
~Oscar Wilde
AgnethaF
Rancher
Rancher
Badges: 445

St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Oscar Chat 2024 Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card

View all badges

Post by AgnethaF »

:hello Welcome To Boomers, ShiningBright.
:bejules Proud member of BHA
Wisconsin Lady
"I'm never satisfied with my own work." Pernell Roberts.
"I'm with you every step of the way, Pa.. Right down the aisle." Adam The Burma Rarity
:dgIn Memory Of Dougsgirl

:app In Memory Of A Ponderosa Pine

Return to “Introduce Yourself”