Episode 261 - DARK ENOUGH TO SEE THE STARS

Bonanza Season 8 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 261 - DARK ENOUGH TO SEE THE STARS

Post by Episode Guide » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:33 am

Date: March 12, 1967

Summary: A young drifter, Billy Wilcox, goes to work on the Ponderosa. He is being hounded by the law for a crime he was not guilty of.

Written by: Kelly Covin
Directed by: Don Daves
Guest Stars: Richard Evans, Linda Foster

Slideshow courtesy of Tracy

Dagburnit
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: All

Re: Episode 261 - DARK ENOUGH TO SEE THE STARS

Post by Dagburnit » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:29 pm

"Come on Hoss, we have to help our new neighbors build a ranch..." Alas, new neighbors who will never be seen again.....Anyway, it's a good thing Little Joe was in Placerville. Billy would never have had a chance with Jennifer.
Well, there are so many neighbors buying ranches it's a wonder they can make room for them all with the big Ponderosa there.

Billy WIlcox was really Aaron Mendosa, which was the name of his adoptive mother the saloon girl. But if she raised him, who was taking care of him when she worked nights at the saloon?! And Aaron Mendoza may not have been his real name either since his parents were killed in an Indian attack.

Tracy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 332
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben, Adam, Hoss, Joe
Location: Florida, but my heart will always be in Fairport, NY.

Forum Moderator Bonanza Ballads Level 14 Reader's Choice Level 4 Summer Reading 2019
Bonanza Ballads Level 13 Bonanza Ballads Level 12 Reader's Choice Level 3 FFW 2019 Discussion
FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Bonanza Ballads Level 10
Saint Patrick's Day 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 9 Reader's Choice Level 2 Lorne Greene Birthday 2019

View all badges

Post by Tracy » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:47 pm

This episode has quite a few unexplained plot holes, as Dagburnit mentioned above.

rolsson
Drover
Drover
Badges: 43
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Bonanza Ballads Level 5 Reader's Choice Level 5 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Summer Reading 2019
September Song 2019 David Canary Birthday 2019 Poetry Portfolio Bonanza Ballads Level 4
Fan Fiction Reviewer Level 2 Guest Star Bio Ponderosa Prospects Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2
Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 Bonanza Ballads Level 3 Hidden Treasures 1,000 Posts

View all badges

Post by rolsson » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:23 am

I just don't understand why the Marshal was in Bens house after the party was done, Ben was in his PJs so clearly it was late. Then the marshal just appears from the kitchen just in time to hear Billys confession, and then he walks off back to the kitchen it's very strange. I love how yet again one of Bens many friends comes to visit with their good looking daughter. I have to say I liked the boy "Billy" in this Episode he was a hard worker had a laugh with Hoss and wasn't bold around Jenifer he was a likeable character but one has to think how the episode would have gone with Joe in it

Return to “Season 8”