Episode 150 - MY SON, MY SON

Bonanza Season 5 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 150 - MY SON, MY SON

Post by Episode Guide » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:31 am

Date: January 19, 1964

Summary: Ben wants to marry again and is engaged to widow Katherine Saunders. But the engagement is in danger when Katherine’s son is wanted for murder.

Written by: Denne Bart Petitclerc
Directed by: William F. Claxton
Guest Stars: Victor Sen Yung as Hop Sing, Ray Teal as Sheriff Roy Coffee, Teresa Wright as Katherine Saunders, Dee Pollock as Eden Saunders

Slideshow courtesy of Tracy

PJudith
Drover
Drover
Badges: 36
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

BINGO Clue Round-Up Game 11th Anniversary Without A Trace 8 The Secret Word 2
Fun with Captions Level 1 BINGO Snail Games Edition Olympic Bronze 2018 Anniversary Puzzler
Anniversary Don't Blink 10th Anniversary Letter S Anniversary Secret Word Anniversary Poem or Artwork
Step Up To 2018 Christmas 2017 Not So Guilty Pleasures Thanksgiving To Remember

View all badges

Re: Episode 150 - MY SON, MY SON

Post by PJudith » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:34 pm

A bittersweet Ben romance that's doomed (for the Cartwrights is there any other kind?) :sad Too bad Katherine's son could not have delayed his return until after Ben and Katherine married. They had a brief interlude of happiness but it was not destined to last.

I have to confess though, the title of this episode always makes me laugh. Does anyone remember the old Hanna-Barbera cartoons? One of my favorites was Augie Doggy and Doggy Daddy. Doggy Daddy would always say in his Jimmy Durante sounding voice . "Augie, my son, my son". I'm so glad Katherine's son was named Eden and not August.

ellen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 122
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Forum Moderator Zazzle Buyer Springtime 2019 Oscar Chat 2019
Out Of The Blue Step Up 2019 Christmas 2018 Thanksgiving 2018
Sadie Hawkins Day 2018 Without A Trace 8 Surprise Level 3 Behind The Scenes
Coffee with the Cartwrights Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018

View all badges

Re: Episode 150 - MY SON, MY SON

Post by ellen » Wed May 24, 2017 2:04 pm

I like this episode because I like Katherine. Even though she has a HUGE blind spot when it comes to her son - and what mother doesn't? - Ben is besotted enough to try to hide Eden until he can insure a fair trial.

Interesting trivia about Teresa Wright - she was nominated for Oscars for her first 3 movie roles:
- Best Supporting Actress for The Little Foxes (1941)
- Best Supporting Actress for Mrs. Miniver (1942)
- Best Actress for The Pride of the Yankees (1942)

Yes, she was nominated for both Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress in 1942! She won the Best Supporting Actress for Mrs. Miniver. But she never received another Oscar nomination.

Here's a site with some information on her: http://www.altfg.com/film/teresa-wright/
:ellen Congress is so strange. A man gets up to speak and says nothing. Nobody listens. Then everybody disagrees. - Will Rogers

Return to “Season 5”