Episode 368 - THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE

Bonanza Season 12 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 368 - THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE

Post by Episode Guide » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:55 pm

Date: October 25, 1970

Summary: Hoss volunteers to be the temporary sheriff of Trouble, California.

Written by: Jack B. Sowards
Directed by: Herschel Daugherty
Guest Stars: E.J. Andre (Judge), Gene Evans (Montana Perkins), Edgar Daniels (Tom Blackwell)

Image courtesy of Tracy and BonanzaBoomers Gallery

Tracy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 352
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben, Adam, Hoss, Joe
Location: Florida, but my heart will always be in Fairport, NY.

Forum Moderator Talk Like A Pirate 2020 September Song 2020 Bonanza Ballads Level 21
Good Housekeeping 2020 Reader's Choice Level 9 Bonanza Ballads Level 20 Reader's Choice Level 8
July 4 2020 Bonanza Ballads Level 19 Reader's Choice Level 7 Bonanza Ballads Level 18
Guess The Guest Star Sp. 2020 Reader's Choice Level 6 Bonanza Ballads Level 17 Rethink, Recycle, Reuse!

View all badges

Re: Episode 368 - THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE

Post by Tracy » Tue May 02, 2017 6:47 pm

This is a silly episode, especially for season 12, late in the Bonanza series.

Note: In the jail in the town of Trouble, there is a wanted poster of Bronco Layne, complete with a picture of the wanted man -- Ty Hardin as Bronco Layne, from the TV western series. This is the first time I've seen this poster, but it also appears again in the jail in The Bucket Dog episode, season 14, minus the picture. It makes me think someone on the Bonanza set was a Bronco fan!

These users thanked the author Tracy for the post:
ellen

CowgirlAtHeart
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 209
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

Forum Moderator David Canary Birthday 2020 July 4 2020 15,000 Posts
Bonanza Ballads Level 10 BINGO Gutterball Summer 2020 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2020 Bonanza Ballads Level 9
Beta Reading Team Crafting 2020 Guess The Guest Star Sp. 2020 St Patrick's Day Limerick 2020
Bonanza Ballads Level 8 Rethink, Recycle, Reuse! BINGO Spare Winter 2020 BINGO Winter 2020 Participant

View all badges

Post by CowgirlAtHeart » Tue May 02, 2017 8:15 pm

Nice catch, Tracy! :thumbup Somebody must have had fun sneaking those posters in!
What, are you practicing to be a burglar, bettin' that kind of money on a two-card draw?Joe, "Queen High"

littlejoenice
Buckaroo
Buckaroo
Badges: 197
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Game Night 2020 Level 3 Game Night 2020 Level 2 Game Night 2020 Level 1 Talk Like A Pirate 2020
Chat Host Bonanza Ballads Level 19 Reader's Choice Level 9 Bonanza Ballads Level 18
Reader's Choice Level 8 September Song 2020 Summer Writing Challenge 2020 David Canary Birthday 2020
Bonanza Ballads Level 17 July 4 2020 BINGO Participant Summer 2020 BINGO X Summer 2020

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:30 pm

I love Cheyenne, unfortunately we don't get it on cable TV. Anyway, that isn't what I noticed. What I thought was both funny and strange at the same time was this. If my math is correct, this season is set in 1871. The Clanton gang were mostly centered in Tucson, Arizona with Doc Holliday and the Earp brothers, so this is a good 9 years before the gunfight at the O.K. Corral. So what're they doing then, not only in California, but robbing banks in Nevada? :shrug To my knowledge at least, the Clanton gang never went to either state. I could be wrong, though, but still.

Bonanza sure liked to have fun taking people out of history and putting them where they don't belong. :laughing

Another fun fact: one of the women who was arguing with the other was Bobo Lewis, who was a guest star in a Monkees episode titled, The Audition (Find the Monkees). She played Carl Ballantine's secretary, Miss Chompsky.
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

Return to “Season 12”