Episode 309 - THE LAST VOTE

Bonanza Season 10 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 309 - THE LAST VOTE

Post by Episode Guide » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:21 am

Date: October 20, 1968

Summary: Hoss and Joe have been arguing and Ben sends them to town for some relaxation from the ranch. While in town they are still fussing and they make a bet that they can get their Mayor's choice for VC elected. But in the process divide the town and cause a ruckus and a headache for the Sheriff.

Written by: Robert Vincent Wright
Directed by: Joseph Pevney
Guest Stars:Tom Bosley (Titus Simpson), Wally Cox (Phineas Burke)

slideshow courtesy of Tracy and bonanza boomers gallery

Dagburnit
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: All

Re: Episode 309 - THE LAST VOTE

Post by Dagburnit » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:41 pm

Sorry to say, this was one of the most boring episodes in the entire series so far. I am noticing that the episodes I find boring to be written by the same writer, whatever that's worth. I am disappointed with Season 10 so far entirely. I am still hoping things will change further into the season.....

Tracy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 328
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben, Adam, Hoss, Joe

Forum Moderator Bonanza Ballads Level 12 Reader's Choice Level 3 FFW 2019 Discussion
FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Bonanza Ballads Level 10
Saint Patrick's Day 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 9 Reader's Choice Level 2 Lorne Greene Birthday 2019
Out Of The Blue Bonanza Ballads Level 8 Reader's Choice Level 1 Christmas 2018

View all badges

Post by Tracy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:57 pm

I just watched this one, and I believe this is the only episode where Ben says, "Why couldn't I have had two daughters?"
It's when Hoss and Joe are bickering, but it also implies he has only two sons.

Dagburnit
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: All

Post by Dagburnit » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:07 pm

I would say he was just making an on site comparison in that encounter. He had three plus one, including Jamie....

ellen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 122
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Forum Moderator Zazzle Buyer Springtime 2019 Oscar Chat 2019
Out Of The Blue Step Up 2019 Christmas 2018 Thanksgiving 2018
Sadie Hawkins Day 2018 Without A Trace 8 Surprise Level 3 Behind The Scenes
Coffee with the Cartwrights Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018

View all badges

Post by ellen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:27 am

Tracy wrote:I just watched this one, and I believe this is the only episode where Ben says, "Why couldn't I have had two daughters?"
I'm running the alternatives in my head; if he had said "Why couldn't I have had three daughters?" it wouldn't have made sense; he was talking about Joe and Hoss specifically, and Adam had been gone for 4 seasons anyway. But you're right; saying "two daughters" is oddly specific. Better: "Why couldn't I have had daughters?"
:ellen Congress is so strange. A man gets up to speak and says nothing. Nobody listens. Then everybody disagrees. - Will Rogers

Tracy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 328
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben, Adam, Hoss, Joe

Forum Moderator Bonanza Ballads Level 12 Reader's Choice Level 3 FFW 2019 Discussion
FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Bonanza Ballads Level 10
Saint Patrick's Day 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 9 Reader's Choice Level 2 Lorne Greene Birthday 2019
Out Of The Blue Bonanza Ballads Level 8 Reader's Choice Level 1 Christmas 2018

View all badges

Post by Tracy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:29 am

ellen wrote:
Tracy wrote:I just watched this one, and I believe this is the only episode where Ben says, "Why couldn't I have had two daughters?"
I'm running the alternatives in my head; if he had said "Why couldn't I have had three daughters?" it wouldn't have made sense; he was talking about Joe and Hoss specifically, and Adam had been gone for 4 seasons anyway. But you're right; saying "two daughters" is oddly specific. Better: "Why couldn't I have had daughters?"
That's what I meant - that he said specifically two daughters. If viewers had supposedly forgotten about Adam, then there was no need to say "two."

ellie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 167
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Forum Moderator BINGO After Party BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Host Round-Up Game
Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Host Valentine's Day Amazon Buyer Super Bowl 2019
Surprise Level 2 Oktoberfest Recipe 2018 Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018
Cinco de mayo 2018 Bonanza Ballads Level 1 Pie Recipe for Pi Day 2018 BINGO Challenge Games Edition

View all badges

Post by ellie » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:03 pm

Maybe he was still happy about his son Adam. Afterall, Adam had just become Captain of his own ship! Whereas Hoss and Joe were still piddling around the Ponderosa, chasing pretty girls in blue dresses. Ben wanted GRANDBABIES.
These users thanked the author ellie for the post:
Tracy

Return to “Season 10”