Episode 299 - THE ARRIVAL OF EDDIE

Bonanza Season 9 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 299 - THE ARRIVAL OF EDDIE

Post by Episode Guide » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:11 am

Date: May 19, 1968

Summary:Young Eddie Makay at first rejects an offer to work on the Ponderosa, but soon changes his mind – Hoss Cartwright shot his father.

Written by: Ward Hawkins, John M. Chester
Directed by: Marc Daniels
Guest Stars: Jan-Michael Vincent (Eddie Makay); Jim Davis (Sam Butler); Bing Russell (Clem Foster); Lincoln Demyan (Amos); Francis De Sales (Major); Hal Burton (uncredited - horseback double for Michael Landon and Jan-Michael Vincent and extra as cowboy in saloon); Alex Sharp (uncredited - stunts for Jim Davis).

Slideshow courtesy of Shaggy1581. Images from Bonanza Boomers Gallery.

rolsson
Drover
Drover
Badges: 42

Reader's Choice Level 5 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Summer Reading 2019 September Song 2019
David Canary Birthday 2019 Poetry Portfolio Bonanza Ballads Level 4 Fan Fiction Reviewer Level 2
Guest Star Bio Ponderosa Prospects Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1
Bonanza Ballads Level 3 Hidden Treasures 1,000 Posts Chat Host

View all badges

Re: Episode 299 - THE ARRIVAL OF EDDIE

Post by rolsson » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:56 pm

Eddie comes home to Virginia city to find his home all shot up and his father dead. Hoss feeling very guilty for being in the posse who came to arrest Eddies father, believes it was his bullet that killed him. So in good old Cartwright fashion Hoss offers Eddie a job and while. Meanwhile "Andrews" a man who has lost a horse contract to Ben for supplying horses to the military plots to get even and plans to use Eddie, as the boy stole from him once and now is holding that over his head, go work at the ponderosa and wait for my instructions or I'll tell the sheriff you stole from me and go to jail. Eddie goes and works on the Ponderosa and proves himself as a good worker and a good hand as he shows everyone how good he is at breaking in horses he earns a lot of respect from the Cartwright's and you begin to truly believe that he feels Hoss is his friend and doesn't want to let him down. this is put to the test when Ben sends the young boy to "Andrews" to give him the bill of sale for some horses he has brought off ben, the crook gets Eddie to sign the receipt making out he has given Eddie the money for the horses but keeps the money and sends Eddie packing. The next day when Hoss is reporting that Eddie has gone off with the money to the Sheriff the boy turns up in the Sheriffs office telling both men everything. And "Andrews" gets caught and everything turns out alright for Eddie

rolsson
Drover
Drover
Badges: 42

Reader's Choice Level 5 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Summer Reading 2019 September Song 2019
David Canary Birthday 2019 Poetry Portfolio Bonanza Ballads Level 4 Fan Fiction Reviewer Level 2
Guest Star Bio Ponderosa Prospects Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1
Bonanza Ballads Level 3 Hidden Treasures 1,000 Posts Chat Host

View all badges

Re: Episode 299 - THE ARRIVAL OF EDDIE

Post by rolsson » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:05 pm

Ok so I know I went a little in-depth with the synopsis of this Episode above, but I have to say I really enjoyed this episode. the story line really could have taken a turn for the worse but Hoss being the type of man he is and wanting to give people a chance really helped out a boy that everyone else was willing to kick down. I like how Eddies character was given a chance to redeem himself and he took it, this was a truly heartwarming story.

Return to “Season 9”