Episode 293 - TROUBLE TOWN

Bonanza Season 9 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 293 - TROUBLE TOWN

Post by Episode Guide » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:06 am

Date: March 17, 1968

Summary: Ben, Hoss and Joe find themselves helping Candy when he comes to the aide of an old friend who is working at a saloon in Riverbend.

Written by: David Lang
Directed by: Leon Benson
Guest Stars: Robert J. Wilke (Sheriff Claude Booker); Elizabeth MacRae (Lila Holden); Steve Brodie (Deputy Horn); Joseph Turkel (Lupe); James Daris (Shorty); Tol Avery (Almont); William Bakewell (Slatter); Doodles Weaver (Stableman); A.G. Vitanza (Bartender); Bob Miles (uncredited stunts for David Canary).

Slideshow courtesy of Tracy. Images from Bonanza Boomers Gallery

BuckAndCochise
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 26
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben & Candy

Oscar Chat2017 Group Member 100 Posts 1,000 Posts
5,000 Posts Fun Topic Starter PODs History of the Old West POD
FanFic Writer Badge In The Headlines September Song 2013 Sadie Hawkins Day 2013
Hoss' Excellent Adventure Postcards From The Past Holiday Postcards 2013 The Heat Is On

View all badges

Re: Episode 293 - TROUBLE TOWN

Post by BuckAndCochise » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:17 pm

I have a love for this ep because there is a bit where the sheriff says something like: "Your boy ain't getting out of here." And he was talking about Candy and Ben didn't correct him. It happens a few other times and I don't know, just is nice to me.
"I'm gonna have a little sit down and feel sorry for myself." - Arthur Morgan

"You gotta love yourself a fire." - Dutch van der Linde

CowgirlAtHeart
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 176
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

Forum Moderator Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 Board Navigation 2019
Bonanza Ballads Level 6 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Puzzlers
BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game Bonanza Ballads Level 5
BINGO Clue Round-Up Game Springtime 2019 Reader's Choice Level 3 Saint Patrick's Day 2019

View all badges

Post by CowgirlAtHeart » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:41 pm

The sheriff in this episode is incredibly creepy! In my opinion he's right up there with Poole from "The Thunder Man" and Clarence Bolling from "The Smiler." Ugh!

I love how Joe purposely gets himself thrown in jail so he can help Candy. And Ben approves!
What, are you practicing to be a burglar, bettin' that kind of money on a two-card draw?Joe, "Queen High"

Cartwright fan.
Drover
Drover
Badges: 89
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss.

David's Birthday 2018 The Secret Word 2 Fun With Captions Level 2 Words Words Words
Bonanza Ballads Level 1 Pernell Birthday 2018 Without A Trace 7 St. Patrick's Day 2018
Pie Recipe for Pi Day 2018 BINGO Gutterball Games Edition BINGO Challenge Games Edition Academy Awards Chat 2018
Guess The Guest Star Lorne Greene Birthday Anniversary Hidden Treasures Boomers Contribution

View all badges

Post by Cartwright fan. » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:11 am

The sheriff was a little devious, for sure. I don't know if he was quite as creepy as Poole, or Bolling, but he was bad.

One of my favorite scenes though, was when one of the hands sneaks back into camp and has just settled in thinking he made it, and Ben walks up. Just that shot of the hand opening his eyes to see the boots, then travel up to the face, of Ben! :laughing
"Anybody can have a child but that doesn't make him a father!!!" -Hoss Cartwright- "A Dream to Dream"
"I've read the last page of the Bible. It's all going to turn out all right." -Billy Graham-

daisy60
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Badges: 140
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 3 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 BINGO After Party
Zazzle Buyer BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019
BINGO Search Valentine's Day Oscar Chat 2019 BINGO Gutterball Valentine's Valentine's Day 2019
15,000 Posts Out Of The Blue Amazon Buyer Super Bowl 2019

View all badges

Post by daisy60 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:38 am

I love that when Candy is thrown in jail Joe ends up right there with him. That's a real friend. All of the Cartwrights were there to help Candy against a crooked sheriff.

Return to “Season 9”