Episode 290 - THE CRIME OF JOHNNY MULE

Bonanza Season 9 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 290 - THE CRIME OF JOHNNY MULE

Post by Episode Guide » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:03 am

Date: February 25, 1968

Summary: Juror Hoss is the only one who believes Johnny Mule did not kill the local rancher.

Written by: Joel Murcott
Directed by: Leon Benson
Guest Stars: Noah Beery Jr. (Johnny Mule); Colleen Gray (Mary); Lee Patterson (Virgil Lowdon); Jack Ging (Cleve Lowdon); John Archer (Prosecutor); John Lodge (Sheriff); Bruno Ve Sota (Bartender); Hal Burton (uncredited - extra as Deputy).

Slideshow courtesy of Tracy. Images from Bonanza Boomers Gallery

Tracy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 332
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben, Adam, Hoss, Joe
Location: Florida, but my heart will always be in Fairport, NY.

Forum Moderator Bonanza Ballads Level 14 Reader's Choice Level 4 Summer Reading 2019
Bonanza Ballads Level 13 Bonanza Ballads Level 12 Reader's Choice Level 3 FFW 2019 Discussion
FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Bonanza Ballads Level 10
Saint Patrick's Day 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 9 Reader's Choice Level 2 Lorne Greene Birthday 2019

View all badges

Re: Episode 290 - THE CRIME OF JOHNNY MULE

Post by Tracy » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:22 pm

I have to admit, the first time I saw this episode, I wasn't sure that Johnny Mule was going to be innocent.

The tension between Hoss and Candy as they disagree on the verdict is well done. But I do find Hoss's behavior when he speaks to Joe and Pa and asks them what they have to say about his decision a bit un-Hoss-like.

Dagburnit
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: All

Post by Dagburnit » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:18 pm

I guess I missed it, but how was it that neither Cleve nor his brother Virgil knew that it was Marcy who killed their father? Were neither son at home when she did it just after Johnny Mule was there? I noticed the official cast list has Tom as Deputy Sheriff, but they call him sheriff in the episode. Do we ever get to see Roy together with all his deputies?

ellie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 169
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Forum Moderator Friends Gathering 2019 September Song 2019 BINGO After Party
BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Host Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Host Valentine's Day
Amazon Buyer Super Bowl 2019 Surprise Level 2 Oktoberfest Recipe 2018
Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018 Cinco de mayo 2018 Bonanza Ballads Level 1

View all badges

Post by ellie » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:05 pm

. :joe: I'll bet Hoss wishes we had some of Hop Sing's fried chicken in these saddlebags rather than all of his clean socks.

. :ben: Where ya gonna get a size 14 chicken?

. :rotfl

Return to “Season 9”