Episode 278 - THE SURE THING

Bonanza Season 9 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 278 - THE SURE THING

Post by Episode Guide »

Date: November 12, 1967

Summary:A young girl dreams of riding her stallion in a big race, but her plans are upset by her father.

Written by: Sidney Ellis, Robert Vincent Wright
Directed by: William Witney
Guest Stars: Kim Darby (Trudy Loughlin); Tom Tully (Bert Loughlin); William Bryant (Harper); King Moody (Carter); Duane Grey (Townsman); Matt Emery (Official); Hal Burton (uncredited - horseback double for Michael Landon and townsman in horse race); Bill Clark (uncredited - horseback double for Dan Blocker).

Slideshow courtesy of Tracy. Images from Bonanza Boomers Gallery.
Tracy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 370
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben, Adam, Hoss, Joe
Location: Florida, but my heart will always be in Fairport, NY.

Forum Moderator Bonanza Ballads Level 31 Bonanza Ballads Level 30 Time For A Comml Break 2021
Bonanza Ballads Level 29 Stepping Into Character Bonanza Ballads Level 28 Bonanza Ballads Level 27
Bonanza Ballads Level 26 Haiku Poem 2021 Bonanza Ballads Level 25 13th Anniversary
Bonanza Ballads Level 24 Organizing Secrets Christmas 2020 Christmas Bauble 2020

View all badges

Re: Episode 278 - THE SURE THING

Post by Tracy »

This episode has one element that drives me up the wall! The horse's name is Barranca, and within the same scene, sometimes the same close up, the actors pronounce the horse's name two different ways! Drives me nuts!
Partisan
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 2
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

100 Posts New Member Post

View all badges

Post by Partisan »

Boy, Hoss and Joe were sexist at the beginning, assuming because she was female she couldn't catch the horse on her own! She was seething, threatening to lop off people's ears and they were just peeing themselves. But they were sweet to her in the end. Another vile father, though...
"OH, YOU THREE HUNDRED POUND ROBIN!" Joe to Hoss - "The Ponderosa Birdman".
daisy60
Rancher
Rancher
Badges: 196
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

Thanksgiving 2021 Halloween Recipes 2021 Halloween Haiku 2021 Talk Like A Pirate 2021
David Canary Birthday 2021 Game Night 2021 Level 3 Game Night 14 Level 2 Game Night 2021 Level 1
Stepping Into Character Tried and True Fun With Captions Level 2 BINGO Participant Summer 2021
BINGO Winner Summer 2021 BINGO Gutterball Summer 2021 Oscar Chat 2021 25,000 Posts

View all badges

Post by daisy60 »

Tracy wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:16 pm This episode has one element that drives me up the wall! The horse's name is Barranca, and within the same scene, sometimes the same close up, the actors pronounce the horse's name two different ways! Drives me nuts!

The director should have said "cut!" and told them how to pronounce the horse's name. This is an ok episode, not the best or the worse. Kim Darby was just coming out as an actress. I have to admit, the first time I saw this episode I thought she was a he! :whistling

Return to “Season 9”