Episode 263 - THE PRINCE

Bonanza Season 8 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 263 - THE PRINCE

Post by Episode Guide » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:35 am

Date: April 2, 1967

Summary: A Russian Count and Countess come to stay at the Ponderosa, but an outlaw is waiting to cause trouble.

Written by: John Hawkins, Melvin Levy
Directed by: William F Claxton
Guest Stars: Lloyd Bochner, Claire Griswold

Slideshow courtesy of Tracy

Dagburnit
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: All

Re: Episode 263 - THE PRINCE

Post by Dagburnit » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:44 pm

I don't understand something. Elena and Alexis were the sons of a former ranch foreman of the Ponderosa who was hired by the Czar of Russia to be his adviser on horses? How did his two children go from being ordinary Americans to being a count and countess who were unfamiliar with Nevada??
Also, with all the events surrounding Vlady's gang, how is it the army detail that accompanied the count and countess were not involved in tracking them down?

Tracy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 332
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben, Adam, Hoss, Joe
Location: Florida, but my heart will always be in Fairport, NY.

Forum Moderator Bonanza Ballads Level 14 Reader's Choice Level 4 Summer Reading 2019
Bonanza Ballads Level 13 Bonanza Ballads Level 12 Reader's Choice Level 3 FFW 2019 Discussion
FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Bonanza Ballads Level 10
Saint Patrick's Day 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 9 Reader's Choice Level 2 Lorne Greene Birthday 2019

View all badges

Post by Tracy » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:50 pm

This episode is way off the mark, IMO. Not only is the plot convoluted by discrepancies, but the children of the Czar's horse advisor have enough wealth and power that they need Washington to protect them? Where does a horse advisor's daughter get all those jewels? And how are they a count and countess?

No ranch hands make light of the counts attire? That would be a given, IMO.

When gunfire breaks out and the countess is outside, Joe rushes out of the house without a gun? Really?

And why is Vlad the only one with a Russian accent - and his accent is not correct, BTW. Elena and Alexis spent their whole lives in Russia. No accent at all? I often wonder what Lorne thought of this episode, as his parents were Russian immigrants to the U.S.

daisy60
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Badges: 142
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

Bonanza's 60th Anniversary BINGO Line Summer 2019 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 3 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2
Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 BINGO After Party Zazzle Buyer BINGO Spare Round-Up Game
BINGO Search Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Search Valentine's Day Oscar Chat 2019
BINGO Gutterball Valentine's Valentine's Day 2019 15,000 Posts Out Of The Blue

View all badges

Post by daisy60 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:09 pm

I usually skip watching this one. It doesn't make much sense to me.

Return to “Season 8”