Episode 236 - SOMETHING HURT, SOMETHING WILD

Bonanza Season 8 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 236 - SOMETHING HURT, SOMETHING WILD

Post by Episode Guide » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:38 pm

Date: September 11, 1966

Summary: The Cartwrights' friendship with a neighboring rancher is threatened when the rancher's daughter accuses Joe of assault.

Written by: William R. Cox
Directed by: William Witney
Guest Stars:Lynn Loring (Laurie Ferguson), Lyle Bettger (Jed Feguson), Ron Foster (Stark), Erik Holland (Cleve Ferguson)

somethinghurt.gif
somethinghurt.gif (7.89 MiB) Viewed 1573 times

Slideshow courtesy of January

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 154
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Dan Blocker Birthday 2019 Reader's Choice Level 5 Bonanza Ballads Level 12 NaNoWriMo 2019
Reader's Choice Level 4 Michael Landon Birthday 2019 Ponderosa Nightmares 2019 Fall Writing Challenge 2019
Reader's Choice Level 3 Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Summer Reading 2019
September Song 2019 Poetry Portfolio David Canary Birthday 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 10

View all badges

Re: Episode 236 - SOMETHING HURT, SOMETHING WILD

Post by littlejoenice » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:30 pm

This episode clearly terrified me. I kept hoping for a long time, after I saw Laurie's cocking head, and her bright eyes, that someone would shoot her, and if they didn't, I felt like I wanted to strangle her! She was maniacal and deranged. I'm glad that Joe was able to set her straight, but even so, Laurie Ferguson was one character that was truly terrifying.

On the other hand, it's the first time I've ever seen Ben condone a fight. When he and Joe are in the saloon, and Cleve is taunting him, Joe keeps looking at his father, as if asking him what he should do. At one point, Ben restrains his son from losing his temper, but then, when it becomes too much for Little Joe, you can see Ben's slight nod and the way he steps back and lets Joe fight.
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

daisy60
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Badges: 144
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

December Delectables Warm & Fuzzy Fall 2019 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary BINGO Line Summer 2019
Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 3 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 BINGO After Party
Zazzle Buyer BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019
BINGO Search Valentine's Day Oscar Chat 2019 BINGO Gutterball Valentine's Valentine's Day 2019

View all badges

Re: Episode 236 - SOMETHING HURT, SOMETHING WILD

Post by daisy60 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:19 pm

Laurie sure could look scary sometimes! Lyn Loring played this really well. This is one of the episodes Pat Robinson excluded from the line-up. It wasn't seen for many years until the removed episodes came back as Lost Episodes. :sad
These users thanked the author daisy60 for the post:
littlejoenice

Return to “Season 8”