Strongest Lean-To in the West!

Moderators: patina, Dori

Sierras
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Badges: 277
Stories: 14
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

Reader's Choice Level 46 Bonanza Ballads Level 18 Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card
Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024 Reader's Choice Level 45 20,000 Posts Happy 16th Anniversary
Library Reviewer Level 2 Happy New Year 2024 Reader's Choice Level 44 Bonanza Ballads Level 17
Holiday Participation 2023 Deck The Halls Winter Memories 23/24 Christmas Bauble 2023

View all badges

Adam POD ~ Jan. 28-Feb. 2 ~ Adam & His Brothers

Post by Sierras »

For awhile now I've been wanting to do an Adam POD. So here goes with my first one. This week we'll look at the Cartwright brothers ~ one of my favorite Bonanza subjects. Enjoy!

Monday

"Death At Dawn"

Adam and his family are deputized. A murderer is sentenced to hang at sunrise. The bad man has Pa kidnapped and held hostage. His demand? Release the murderer or Pa will die. The sheriff is seriously wounded in a shootout. Adam is now in charge and he has already decided to call the bad man's bluff. Adam's brothers have second thoughts about whether Adam is doing the right thing. What if he's wrong?

There's a scene where Joe tells Adam about going to his father's grave and saying he's sorry.

Adam simply replies, "Joe, he's my father too."

There's a scene where an angry crowd starts to mob Adam. Hoss and Joe are right there with their guns, and Joe fires his off. Everyone immediately backs away from Adam. Adam leaves with his brothers right behind him.

Cap by Nikky

The murderer is hung at sunrise. Then Adam and his brothers see that their pa is still alive ...

Cap by Tracy

A picture's worth a thousand words ...
Last edited by Sierras on Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Like father like sons." Echoed by Little Joe in "Springtime"
"Now I know that we are only half brothers, but we are brothers." Adam in "The Hayburner"
:dg In fond memory of dougsgirl

This topic has 51 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Adam's Lean To”