Episode 234 - THE LAST MISSION

Bonanza Season 7 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 234 - THE LAST MISSION

Post by Episode Guide » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:36 pm

Date: May 8, 1966

Summary: Ben joins a mission to make peace with the Paiutes. He is unaware that the real plan is to wipe out the Indians with a Gatling gun.

Written by: William Douglas Lansford and S.S. Schweitzer
Directed by: R.G. Springsteen
Guest Stars:Colonel Keith Jarrell...R. G. Armstrong Sergeant Devlin...Tom Reese Lowell...Brendon Boone Poker...Ken Mayer Chief Elkoro...George Keymas Wiggins...Clay Tanner Hop Sing...Victor Sen Yung Bill Clark...(uncredited stunt double)

the last mission.gif
the last mission.gif (11.11 MiB) Viewed 1164 times

Slideshow courtesy of Freya

snapdragon
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam/Ben

Re: Episode 234 - THE LAST MISSION

Post by snapdragon » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:52 pm

Good episode! For once it's Hoss who figures out what's really going on with the soldiers and their "peace treaty" and tries to warn Pa. We don't see too many Pa/Hoss episodes.

Little Joe was left at home tending the chickens. Good! After Adam left, Little Joe has gotten the lion's share of action, love interests, and best lines. There's definitely a big hole in this show and in the family dynamics with Adam gone.

Dare I say it? I'm starting to count down the days until Candy shows up. He's no Adam but this show needs a fourth man.

Tracy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 327
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben, Adam, Hoss, Joe

Forum Moderator Reader's Choice Level 3 FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Puzzlers
FFW 2019 GAMES Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Bonanza Ballads Level 10 Saint Patrick's Day 2019
Bonanza Ballads Level 9 Reader's Choice Level 2 Lorne Greene Birthday 2019 Out Of The Blue
Bonanza Ballads Level 8 Reader's Choice Level 1 Christmas 2018 Fun With Captions Level 2

View all badges

Post by Tracy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:53 pm

This is the second episode, I believe, to mention that Ben spent time in Central/South America. I can understand him spending time there BEFORE he married Elizabeth - Capt Stoddard's ship could very well have sailed south. But to have been in the U.S. military and in Central or South America would mean Ben left Adam and Hoss behind. Interesting writing, even for a show whose various writers didn't follow previously stated canon.

ellie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 167
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Forum Moderator BINGO After Party BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Host Round-Up Game
Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Host Valentine's Day Amazon Buyer Super Bowl 2019
Surprise Level 2 Oktoberfest Recipe 2018 Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018
Cinco de mayo 2018 Bonanza Ballads Level 1 Pie Recipe for Pi Day 2018 BINGO Challenge Games Edition

View all badges

Post by ellie » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:08 pm

Saw this one today. It was horrible seeing Hoss, with bloody shoulder, slipping slowly off his horse. :sob
Unfortunately I was baking while this episode was on, so I missed a bit of it.

Return to “Season 7”