Episode 189 - THE SEARCH

Bonanza Season 6 Episodes
daisy60
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Badges: 142
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

Bonanza's 60th Anniversary BINGO Line Summer 2019 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 3 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2
Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 BINGO After Party Zazzle Buyer BINGO Spare Round-Up Game
BINGO Search Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Search Valentine's Day Oscar Chat 2019
BINGO Gutterball Valentine's Valentine's Day 2019 15,000 Posts Out Of The Blue

View all badges

Re: Episode 189 - THE SEARCH

Post by daisy60 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:09 am

It was an ok episode. I know from the cd that after Michael did a duel role Pernell wanted a duel role. He asked TPTB to play the professor in Hoss And The Leprechauns. He would have done great in a duel role in this and it would have made a lot of sense. I do like that Hoss face slap!

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 144
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Summer Reading 2019 September Song 2019 Poetry Portfolio
David Canary Birthday 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 10 BINGO Strike Summer 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 9
Board Navigation 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Epilogue
FFW 2019 Fun In The Old West FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES BINGO After Party

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:01 pm

I kind of wish that they would've shown Adam's twin. I don't think I ever saw Pernell Roberts play doubles. The other three did, but I don't think he did.
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

RedShirt
Drover
Drover
Badges: 29
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam Cartwright

Feedback Corral Summer 2018 Pernell Birthday 2018 FFW 2018 Title Search
FFW 2018 Matchups FFW 2018 Fabulous Fan Fiction Cinco de mayo 2018 Pie Recipe for Pi Day 2018
Stuffed In Chat 2018 Meet & Greet Chat 2018 1,000 Posts FanFic Writer Badge
Olympics Silver 2018 Anniversary Don't Blink Anniversary Word Puzzle Anniversary Pick 1,2,3,4,5

View all badges

Post by RedShirt » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:58 pm

As luscious as he was playing a bad guy, d'you think everybody concerned with the production was ready for him to leave (except those of us who never got over his disappearance) and didn't want to give him a showcase as an exit? It could've turned into a backdoor pilot, if it turns out Tom Burns isn't just a regular bad guy...
A gun is only a tool, like your jackknife; no better 'n no worse than the man who handles it. Any man can pull a trigger. It's not hard. But it takes a big man not to pull one. -- Adam Cartwright

Julianna
Drover
Drover
Badges: 54
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Bonanza's 60th Anniversary September Song 2019 BINGO Winner - Eff Summer 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019
FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Epilogue FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES
BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Clue Round-Up Game
BINGO Gutterball Round-Up Game Springtime 2019 Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Spare Valentine's Day

View all badges

Post by Julianna » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:11 pm

RedShirt wrote:As luscious as he was playing a bad guy, d'you think everybody concerned with the production was ready for him to leave (except those of us who never got over his disappearance) and didn't want to give him a showcase as an exit? It could've turned into a backdoor pilot, if it turns out Tom Burns isn't just a regular bad guy...
Nope, they wanted him to stay.If they hadn't they would have let him out of the contract. Their attitude about him playing the professor was questionable. They always seemed concerned with money and here they had the opportunity to save money but they insist on paying for an additional actor.??????? :shrug We all know he would have done a superb job with the Irish accent. It doesn't make sense to me. He brought them the script. I know Dan and Michael did double roles the first season and it was barely palpable. It was suppose to be funny, but I found it not so. :scared3 I actually thought Bank Run to be much funnier with all 4 actors. Then Michael did one episode much later as a double. They for some reason wouldn't allow PR to do anything but Adam. You would think they would try to do things to encourage him to stay when his contract was up. :whistling

PlatoofthePonderosa
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Badges: 34
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 Step Up 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 3 4th of July 2018
Bonanza Ballads Level 2 Pernell Birthday 2018 Bonanza Ballads Level 1 Pie Recipe for Pi Day 2018
Stuffed In Chat 2018 Meet & Greet Chat 2018 Lorne Greene Birthday Anniversary Don't Blink
Anniversary Pick 1,2,3,4,5 Anniversary Poem or Artwork 10th Anniversary Letter A Anniversary Secret Word

View all badges

Post by PlatoofthePonderosa » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:41 am

I tend to think of this as one of the better episodes because the actors pull off the connection between Adam and Ann is so subtly and convincingly. However, some of the writing is really awkward. That poor sheriff at the beginning, spouting off expository dialogue at every turn! The actor might have made it almost plausible by delivering some of the lines with extreme sarcasm, but he didn't, so we're left with a sheriff who doesn't appear very bright and continually explains to Adam in detail things he's supposed to assume Adam already knows.
Joe: Hey, where's the Plato of the Ponderosa this morning?
Ben: If you're referring to your brother Adam, he left on TIME.

(Season 6, "Between Heaven and Earth")

Return to “Season 6”