Episode 189 - THE SEARCH

Bonanza Season 6 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 189 - THE SEARCH

Post by Episode Guide » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:09 am

Date: February 14, 1965

Summary: Adam goes to Placerville looking for Tom Burns, the look-alike who has been impersonating him and taking advantage of the uncanny resemblance.

Written by: Frank Cleaver
Directed by:Wiliam F. Claxton
Guest Stars: Lola Albright (Ann), Elaine Devry (Valerie), John Harding (Jason), Kelly Thordsen (Sheriff Conners)

Slideshow courtesy of Rika

snapdragon
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam/Ben

Re: Episode 189 - THE SEARCH

Post by snapdragon » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:50 pm

This was a disappointing episode. I really wanted to see Adam's bad boy twin — either another actor who looked a lot like him, or PR himself playing his doppelgänger — but they never showed the impostor. :sad

Ann's last words to him, "I'll never forget you, Adam." sounded like a PR send-off from the Bonanza writers/producers, since this episode was his next-to-last appearance on the show.

Oh well. Here's something good: Adam GIF time. :grin

ljlover2001
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 30
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joseph

100 Posts Episode Summary Cock & Bull So You Think You Know Bonanza
Fun with 1's Break the record Valentine's Day 2010 Valentine's Day 2011
Letters to Santa 2012 Meet and greet chat Meet and greet chat Stuffed in chat
Chat Badge Fun Lorne Greene's Birthday 2010 Lorne Greene's Birthday 2011 Lorne Greene's Birthday 2013

View all badges

Post by ljlover2001 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:52 am

I, too, would have liked to have seen Tom Burns, the man impersonating Adam.
But I do like this episode. The opening scene, with Joe and Hoss in the ranch yard, is terrific. Shows the age difference between Joe and Hoss, as Joe addresses the older man as Mister whatever his name was, but Hoss calls him by his first name. And the man refers to Joe as sonny, but treats Hoss as an equal.
And, despite being a Joe fan, I love this episode, as the chemistry between Adam and Anne is palpable, and Adam is really sexy. It was a shame she slipped up and called him Tom, as if that hadn't happened, I could have seen Adam and her having a relationship (although I think they did have a fling; they seemed very cosy together)
Little Joe forever
Lynne
These users thanked the author ljlover2001 for the post:
Jwalsh8

Sierra Girl
Drover
Drover
Badges: 32
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Countdown to 1,111,111 Group Member Like us on fb 100 Posts
1,000 Posts Boomers Million PODs FanFic Writer Badge
Fan Fic Fun Don't Blink BINGO Snail BINGO Search
BINGO Special Guess The Episode Cartsmurf Hidden Treasures September Song 2015

View all badges

Post by Sierra Girl » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:46 am

I also really like this episode. Adam and Anne are great together. I love the scene when Anne come to visit Adam in his room and edges closer and closer until she's got her chest right up against his arm. Can't blame her really. And the way he looks at her in that scene.
:thud
And I can watch the Hoss face slap scene on repeat. Great GIF Snapdragon!

debpet2
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 68

Bonanza's 60th Anniversary September Song 2019 BINGO Spare Summer 2019 BINGO Booby Summer 2019
BINGO Gutterball Summer 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 Fun With Captions Level 2 BINGO After Party
BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Clue Round-Up Game BINGO Gutterball Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019
Don't Blink BINGO Search Valentine's Day BINGO Winner Valentine's Day BINGO Gutterball Valentine's

View all badges

Post by debpet2 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:54 pm

I agree it would have been nice to actually see Tom Burns. LG, DB and ML all got to play dual roles at some point, so why not PR? And yes, Adam and Ann did seem to have some potential. Too bad she had that lapse and called Adam Tom. After that he would never be sure who she was really thinking of when she looked at him that way.

debpet2 :adam

manulanee
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 42
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam / Pernell

Winter 2018/2019 11th Anniversary Step Up 2019 Surprise Level 5
Surprise Level 4 Surprise Level 3 Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1
Break The Record eff 2018 5,000 Posts September Song 2018 Summer 2018
Olympic Bronze 2018 Valentine's Day 2018 Anniversary Word Puzzle 10th Anniversary Letter U

View all badges

Post by manulanee » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:14 pm

debpet2 wrote:I agree it would have been nice to actually see Tom Burns. LG, DB and ML all got to play dual roles at some point, so why not PR?
Perhaps it was he who refused because he thought such a coincidence not plausible?
How many lives - do you figure - yours is worth? (Adam in "The Way Station")
A child is no pot to be filled, but a fire to be ignited. (François Rabelais)

Gillie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Badges: 448

Global Moderator Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Summer Reading 2019 September Song 2019
BINGO L Summer 2019 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 3 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1
Board Navigation 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Puzzlers
FFW 2019 GAMES Reader's Choice Level 4 BINGO After Party BINGO Search Round-Up Game

View all badges

Post by Gillie » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:45 pm

Love the episode! It contains one of my all time favorite Adam lines, "Lady, I love my bacon crisp!" :ha Oh, yeah!
:bejules Proud Member of BHA
Proud owner of Adam's Guitar, Lafe's Auction June 2016

Adam to Joe: "You heard what he said. We look for little green men riding on hound dogs."
"Well, Jessie, I'm not just sure I pleased you." Jim Boyer
:grimesgirl

Calamity
Rancher
Rancher
Badges: 268
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: All Four Cartwrights

BINGO Search Emoticon Edition BINGO Gutterball Emoticon Ed. Without A Trace 5 Countdown to 1,111,111
Stepping Up 2017 Christmas 2016 New Year's Resolutions 2017 Modern Art
Stuffed In Chat Dan Blocker Birthday 2016 Slow Cooker Recipes Guest Who's Coming To Dinner
Lorne Greene's Birthday 2009 The Coloring Book In Memory David Canary Halloween Tales 2016

View all badges

Post by Calamity » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:19 pm

A truly interesting episode but I find it unbelievable that she would have whispered "Tom" when Adam was right there.
Proud Owner of Adam's Poetry Book, Lafe's Auction June 2016
Proud Member of BHA
♪ ♫ ♬ Buffalo gals won't you come out tonight? ♪ ♫ ♬

zarapam
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 3

Group Member 100 Posts Boomers Million

View all badges

Post by zarapam » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:43 pm

ljlover2001 wrote:I, too, would have liked to have seen Tom Burns, the man impersonating Adam.
But I do like this episode. The opening scene, with Joe and Hoss in the ranch yard, is terrific. Shows the age difference between Joe and Hoss, as Joe addresses the older man as Mister whatever his name was, but Hoss calls him by his first name. And the man refers to Joe as sonny, but treats Hoss as an equal.
And, despite being a Joe fan, I love this episode, as the chemistry between Adam and Anne is palpable, and Adam is really sexy. It was a shame she slipped up and called him Tom, as if that hadn't happened, I could have seen Adam and her having a relationship (although I think they did have a fling; they seemed very cosy together)
Little Joe forever
Lynne
I got the feeling toward the end of the ep that a little more went on between them then we got to see.

Kaethe
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Post by Kaethe » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:06 pm

This is one of my favorite Adam episodes. I agree there was something that was not spelled out for an early 60s TV audience.
Of all the women Adam was involved with I liked Ann and think she had the best potential for being a serious love interest.
She was smart, independent, intuitive, assertive, on and on. Yes, too bad she said Tom's name but they could have worked through that.
It must be so confusing to have Adam and an Adam lookalike who was you ex.
Kaethe

Return to “Season 6”