Episode 179 - A MAN TO ADMIRE

Bonanza Season 6 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 179 - A MAN TO ADMIRE

Post by Episode Guide » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:58 am

Date: December 6, 1964

Summary: Hoss is framed for murder and trusts his defense to his friend Whitney Parker, a lawyer with a drinking problem. Ben doubts that Parker can properly defend Hoss and wants to obtain new legal representation for his son.

Written by: Mort R. Lewis
Directed by: John Florea
Guest Stars: James Gregory (Whitney Parker), William Mims (Byron Evans), Booth Colman (Flint Durfee), Hal Baylor (Ev Durfee), Michel Petit (Benjie)

Slideshow courtesy of Freya

TNTrue
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 2
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

100 Posts New Member Post

View all badges

Re: Episode 179 - A MAN TO ADMIRE

Post by TNTrue » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:16 pm

This episode reminds me that my kids have not seen Barney Miller, which I must remedy.

I thought this was a okay Hoss episode. Didn't stretch DBs acting chops any, but I liked Hoss sticking with his lawyer despite Ben trying to get him to change, and I was amused (and annoyed) by Joe and Adam watching over Hoss' lawyer. Little late for an episode to be placed before the Civil War, though!

flabirder
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Badges: 11
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Mike Landon Birthday 2020 Hidden Treasures Break The Record eff 2018 BINGO Participant Summer 2020
Pernell Roberts Birthday 2020 100 Posts BINGO Winter 2020 Participant Stuffed in Chat 2020
Meet & Greet Chat 2020 Prop Fiction New Member Post

View all badges

Post by flabirder » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:06 pm

I really liked this episode. DB didn't have much to do in it, but I like the way he stuck with his lawyer. James Gregory did a great job as Hoss' lawyer. He was a very good actor.

There is a huge historical error in this episode. Whitney Parker claims to be an associate of Abraham Lincoln who sends a telegram to Ben saying he needs him for some cases in Illinois. However, season 6 takes place between 1864 & 1865. Lincoln was president & the Civil War had been going for 3 years.
Is that all you can think of at a time like this, cake??? (Ben to Hoss in A Knight to Remember.)

Peasants! (Adam in A Knight to Remember.)

Janet the Wicked
Drover
Drover
Badges: 23
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben

Halloween Art 2020 Time For A Commercial Break 5 Talk Like A Pirate 2020 Break The Record eff 2018
September Song 2020 Good Housekeeping 2020 July 4 2020 Collectors' Corner 2020
Pernell Roberts Birthday 2020 Guess The Guest Star Sp. 2020 1,000 Posts Rethink, Recycle, Reuse!
Lorne Greene Birthday 2020 Meet & Greet Chat 2020 WAT 9 10th Anniversary Letter W

View all badges

Post by Janet the Wicked » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:18 pm

I love this episode. I adore James Gregory. He was a marvelous actor and played many roles. And he was also one of those guys that stayed happily married to the woman of his dreams. I like that.
I know there's the historical boo boo, but the background glory, glory halleluiah music always gets me.
These users thanked the author Janet the Wicked for the post:
flabirder
Is that all you can think about at a time like this, cake???

Don't put any ice in mine. It takes up too much room. Groucho Marx

Return to “Season 6”