ellen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 122
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Forum Moderator Zazzle Buyer Springtime 2019 Oscar Chat 2019
Out Of The Blue Step Up 2019 Christmas 2018 Thanksgiving 2018
Sadie Hawkins Day 2018 Without A Trace 8 Surprise Level 3 Behind The Scenes
Coffee with the Cartwrights Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018

View all badges

Re: Episode 167 - TRIANGLE

Post by ellen » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:21 pm

PlatoofthePonderosa wrote:Adam's back injury was always suspicious to me. Was it some kind of partial paralysis? Why did he seem to be in no pain whatsoever? How much could a doctor in the 1860s actually diagnose without x-rays? "Muscle and nerve damage" seems veeery vague to me and like some writer didn't want to take the time to research.
It's like all those "TV injuries"; people are blind but one day can see, they get amnesia but suddenly regain their memory, they get shot in the shoulder but have no long term problems moving their arm - it's all for the story. Even Adam getting shot in the gut ("The Honor of Cochise") is no big deal after a doctor gets to him. I just sigh, roll my eyes, back, and go with it. :laughing
These users thanked the author ellen for the post:
Sharry
:ellen Congress is so strange. A man gets up to speak and says nothing. Nobody listens. Then everybody disagrees. - Will Rogers

patina
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 306
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Forum Moderator Librarian Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion
FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game
BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Gutterball Round-Up Game BINGO Clue Round-Up Game Reader's Choice Level 1
Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Spare Valentine's Day Convention 2019 Convention Swag 2019

View all badges

Post by patina » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:12 am

Adam had convenient plotitis—his “injury” had to make Laura reconsider her feelings for Will and make Adam realize he really didn’t want to marry her.

I wonder what happened to the ring Adam bought for her. Did she tell Will she was okay with wearing Adam’s ring to save money when/if she and Will married? Did she give it back to Adam? Did she toss it in the privy?
Wicked Wit of the West
Boomers Librarian

CowgirlAtHeart
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 173
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

Forum Moderator Bonanza Ballads Level 6 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion
FFW 2019 Puzzlers BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game
Bonanza Ballads Level 5 BINGO Clue Round-Up Game Springtime 2019 Reader's Choice Level 3
Saint Patrick's Day 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 4 Reader's Choice Level 2 BINGO Spare Valentine's Day

View all badges

Post by CowgirlAtHeart » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:03 pm

patina wrote:Adam had convenient plotitis—his “injury” had to make Laura reconsider her feelings for Will and make Adam realize he really didn’t want to marry her.

I wonder what happened to the ring Adam bought for her. Did she tell Will she was okay with wearing Adam’s ring to save money when/if she and Will married? Did she give it back to Adam? Did she toss it in the privy?
"Plotitis"! :rotfl

I would hope Laura gave the ring back to Adam. But, considering all the bad decisions Laura's already made, I wouldn't count on it!
What, are you practicing to be a burglar, bettin' that kind of money on a two-card draw?Joe, "Queen High"

Return to “Season 5”