Episode 161 - THE ROPER

Bonanza Season 5 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 161 - THE ROPER

Post by Episode Guide » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:49 am

Date: April 5, 1964

Summary: Will Cartwright doesn’t know whether he should stay with his relatives or not. While alone at the Ponderosa, army soldiers arrive with the prisoner Hewitt. Hewitt’s gang arrives shortly after and Will is taken hostage.

Written by: Peter Packer
Directed by: John Florea
Guest Stars: Guy Williams as William Cartwright, Scott Marlowe as Lee Hewitt, Jim Beck as Dolph, Julie Sommars as Emma Hewitt, Ray Teal as Sheriff Roy Coffee

Slideshow courtesy of January

JOE AND WILL FAN
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 13
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: JOE,WILL,ADAM,BEN,HOSS,CLAY

Amazon Buyer Photographer Group Member 100 Posts
Boomers Million Don't Blink Hidden Treasures Summer 2012 Hidden Treasures Thanksgiving
Hidden Treasures Christmas Mix N Match Behind The Scenes SPOOK-tacular Halloween 2013
Easter 2013

View all badges

Re: Episode 161 - THE ROPER

Post by JOE AND WILL FAN » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:18 pm

This is another episode I really like!

SallyBrown
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: I honestly couldn't pick one

Post by SallyBrown » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:21 am

Oh! Another GW fan, :very happy hello there Joe & Will fan! Nice avatar! :thumbup

I did notice something strange: they gave GW a white patch at the lower/back/side of his hair. Anybody know why? Usually, that's put in the front, temples or above forehead.

I look forward to the next.
Last edited by SallyBrown on Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

patina
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 310
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Forum Moderator Librarian Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Friends Gathering 2019
September Song 2019 BINGO Spare Summer 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion
FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game
BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Gutterball Round-Up Game BINGO Clue Round-Up Game Reader's Choice Level 1

View all badges

Post by patina » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:28 pm

SallyBrown wrote: I did notice something strange: they gave GW a white patch at the lower/back/side of his hair. Anybody know why? Usually, that's put in the front, temples or above forehead. It kept bothering me, I thought at first it was a spotlight shone back there and I had to keep rewinding it because I was so distracted I could not figure out what the dialogue was.
That white patch is a birthmark. It was covered by hair dye for Zorro.

The biggest problem I have with this ep is Will getting center stage when we hardly know him. The rest of the Cartwrights end up as supporting characters when they save Will's bacon.
Wicked Wit of the West
Boomers Librarian

Tracy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 330
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben, Adam, Hoss, Joe
Location: Florida, but my heart will always be in Fairport, NY.

Forum Moderator Summer Reading 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 13 Bonanza Ballads Level 12
Reader's Choice Level 3 FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES
Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Bonanza Ballads Level 10 Saint Patrick's Day 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 9
Reader's Choice Level 2 Lorne Greene Birthday 2019 Out Of The Blue Bonanza Ballads Level 8

View all badges

Post by Tracy » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:30 pm

patina wrote:

The biggest problem I have with this ep is Will getting center stage when we hardly know him. The rest of the Cartwrights end up as supporting characters when they save Will's bacon.
I agree completely, patina. I felt his character was being forced on the viewer in this one.

SallyBrown
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: I honestly couldn't pick one

Post by SallyBrown » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:09 pm

patina wrote:That white patch is a birthmark. It was covered by hair dye for Zorro.
Thanks Patina! I have been reading a lot of old GW websites and I have never once come across this info. Curious where you found out? Also, I have never heard of (white) hair as being a 'birthmark'. I guess he wasn't born bald then? :razz

patina wrote:The biggest problem I have with this ep is Will getting center stage when we hardly know him. The rest of the Cartwrights end up as supporting characters when they save Will's bacon.
Yes, I absolutely hear you! It was good for me but if it happened on Zorro with a supporting character, I'd have been livid! I did like that, at least, the characters seemed to like his.

Return to “Season 5”