Episode 158 - NO LESS A MAN

Bonanza Season 5 Episodes
Threem
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 154
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Forum Moderator Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 Fun With Captions Level 2 Lorne Greene Birthday 2019
Amazon Buyer 11th Anniversary Dan's Birthday 2018 Mike's Birthday 2018
Time For A Commercial Break 4 September Song 2018 David's Birthday 2018 Lorne Greene Birthday
10th Anniversary Letter M Christmas 2017 Dan Blocker Birthday Thanksgiving To Remember

View all badges

Re: Episode 158 - NO LESS A MAN

Post by Threem » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:18 pm

Good questions. I guess I never thought that deeply into it. I liked Roy and I think he was a very capable sheriff; he just went about it a little differently. End results were the same, just less bloodshed. At least in this ep. I think Adam and Roy played off one another great. Adam gently pointed out a few things to Roy that Roy already knew. Adam was not overpowering; he gave Roy the respect and dignity he deserved. One of my favorites eps mainly because of the teaming of these two.
These users thanked the author Threem for the post:
January
Love him forever....

MegD
Badges: 1
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Sheriff Coffee

The Reading Club

View all badges

Post by MegD » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:19 pm

Like Adamant & others, I love the relationship and interaction between Sheriff Coffee and Adam. Roy Coffee seems confidant in his ability to be sheriff though rattled by getting shot by the drunk. Yes, he needed the assistance of the Cartwrights to manage the crisis; he also needed them to protect him from the reactionary townsfolk who would toss him out and likely mismanage the crisis. I watch documentaries when I want realism. I watch TV shows like Bonanza for the characters and their relationships, interactions, and this episode was a lovely illustration of Sheriff Coffee's relationship with the town he serves, his "family" as he says. I also like how Adam cleaned the office ~sigh ~
These users thanked the author MegD for the post:
January

Terina
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 169
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Forum Moderator Super Bowl 2019 10th Anniversary Letter C 11th Anniversary
Step Up 2019 Thanksgiving 2018 Surprise Level 1 Summer 2018
Cinco de mayo 2018 BINGO Strike Games Edition Pie Recipe for Pi Day 2018 BINGO Gutterball Games Edition
Step Up To 2018 Christmas 2017 Gutterball BINGO Quotes BINGO Search Emoticon Edition

View all badges

Post by Terina » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:55 pm

lovemychico wrote:This is one of my favorites that I do not get tired of watching. I love the way Adam handles the situation with Roy in this episode. Is 63 too old? I think it depends on the person's lifestyle and how that person is coping with life. Could Roy have handled it without the C's? Well the Adam did help him fix the windows in the bank (bars over them) and at the end the C's did fire their guns and help with the capture of the robbers. But I am sure that Roy was brains behind the capture. They evened each other out and helped each other in a time of need.
I agree with you Chico, this is one of my favorites also. I love how Adam tries to help Roy, without offending him. I think Roy needed the C's for physical backup, but the plan was all his, and it was a good one. Is 63 to old for a lawman? I think if he has good deputies around him and has the town's support 63 is not too old.
These users thanked the author Terina for the post (total 3):
JanuarylovemychicoJeanny

emilysean
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Badges: 63
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: adam

Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Spare Valentine's Day BINGO Search Valentine's Day Without A Trace 7
BINGO Gutterball Games Edition Guess The Guest Star Anniversary Don't Blink Step Up To 2018
Christmas 2017 Ponderosa Nightmares IV Oktoberfest 2017 Time For A Commercial Break 3
Without A Trace 6 Talk like a pirate 2017 Gutterball BINGO Quotes Fan Fiction Weekend April 2017

View all badges

Post by emilysean » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:56 pm

There was an episode where Ben thought he was too old. "Death on Sun Mountain"? (Bull of the Mountain scene) And then in "The Rescue " where the boys think it is time for Pa to slow down after getting into a fight. They all seem to say you are never too old. I guess I feel like the older I get the more I feel the same. It's hard to believe the person staring back in the mirror isn't 20 years old anymore.

ellie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 167
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Forum Moderator BINGO After Party BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Host Round-Up Game
Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Host Valentine's Day Amazon Buyer Super Bowl 2019
Surprise Level 2 Oktoberfest Recipe 2018 Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018
Cinco de mayo 2018 Bonanza Ballads Level 1 Pie Recipe for Pi Day 2018 BINGO Challenge Games Edition

View all badges

Post by ellie » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:37 am

emilysean wrote:...It's hard to believe the person staring back in the mirror isn't 20 years old anymore.
Amen, Sister!

Pt29646
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Badges: 39
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Ponderosa Nightmares 2018 Oktoberfest Recipe 2018 Summer Writing Challenge 2018 Pernell Birthday 2018
Step Up To 2018 Ponderosa Nightmares IV Oktoberfest 2017 School Daze II 2017
Pernell Roberts Birthday 2017 Fan Fiction Weekend April 2017 Fan Fiction Weekend April 2017 Christmas 2016
New Year's Resolutions 2017 Dan Blocker Birthday 2016 Group Member 100 Posts

View all badges

Post by Pt29646 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:05 am

I think Roy's experience and craftiness are the big winners here. He isn't too old for the job, IMO. My great-aunt was extremely active and ran her family business until she died in her sleep at the age of 104. When she turned 90, she hired someone to drive her to and from work and to do the heavy lifting for her. Roy should have hired a deputy to do any running around for him, and it would have been a good chance for a young man to learn from him-as Adam did.

Return to “Season 5”