ellen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 122
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Forum Moderator Zazzle Buyer Springtime 2019 Oscar Chat 2019
Out Of The Blue Step Up 2019 Christmas 2018 Thanksgiving 2018
Sadie Hawkins Day 2018 Without A Trace 8 Surprise Level 3 Behind The Scenes
Coffee with the Cartwrights Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018

View all badges

Re: Episode 146 - HOSS AND THE LEPRECHAUNS

Post by ellen » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:27 pm

snapdragon wrote: One of my favorite scenes: (oh hai, nude Adam) :grin
Many a fanfic has been written claiming Adam slept nude - all based on that little glimpse of bare shoulder! :laughing
:ellen Congress is so strange. A man gets up to speak and says nothing. Nobody listens. Then everybody disagrees. - Will Rogers

AgnethaF
Rancher
Rancher
Badges: 295

Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES BINGO After Party
40,000 Posts BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Gutterball Round-Up Game BINGO Clue Round-Up Game
Saint Patrick's Day 2019 Springtime 2019 BINGO Search Valentine's Day Oscar Chat 2019
BINGO Gutterball Valentine's Lorne Greene Birthday 2019 Valentine's Day 2019 Out Of The Blue

View all badges

Post by AgnethaF » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:09 pm

Many a fanfic has been written claiming Adam slept nude
Oh my! :thud
:bejules Proud member of BHA
"I'm never satisfied with my own work." Pernell Roberts.
"I'm with you every step of the way, Pa.. Right down the aisle." Adam The Burma Rarity :adam

Gillie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Badges: 441

Global Moderator Board Navigation 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion
FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES Reader's Choice Level 4 BINGO After Party
BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Clue Round-Up Game BINGO Strike Round-Up Game BINGO Gutterball Round-Up Game
Reader's Choice Level 3 Springtime 2019 Saint Patrick's Day 2019 Reader's Choice Level 2

View all badges

Post by Gillie » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:45 pm

I totally :hearts this ep, and LOL when Hoss falls downs the stairs and wakes up the family! Aside from Adam's sleeping attire or lack thereof, I think the look on both Joe and Ben's face is hilarious!
:bejules Proud Member of BHA
Proud owner of Adam's Guitar, Lafe's Auction June 2016

Adam to Joe: "You heard what he said. We look for little green men riding on hound dogs."
"Well, Jessie, I'm not just sure I pleased you." Jim Boyer
:grimesgirl

snapdragon
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam/Ben

Post by snapdragon » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:26 pm

ellen wrote: Many a fanfic has been written claiming Adam slept nude - all based on that little glimpse of bare shoulder! :laughing
Oh is that a fact? I haven't read much fanfic but it's interesting that such a small, tantalizing bit of nude Adam flesh is more than enough to fire up fans' imaginations. :lol

P.S. – and why was Ben wearing his robe in bed? :think

manulanee
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 42
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam / Pernell

Winter 2018/2019 11th Anniversary Step Up 2019 Surprise Level 5
Surprise Level 4 Surprise Level 3 Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1
Break The Record eff 2018 5,000 Posts September Song 2018 Summer 2018
Olympic Bronze 2018 Valentine's Day 2018 Anniversary Word Puzzle 10th Anniversary Letter U

View all badges

Post by manulanee » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:02 pm

Because he had cold? :think :lol Good observation, would not have noticed because I had my eyes on Adam!
How many lives - do you figure - yours is worth? (Adam in "The Way Station")
A child is no pot to be filled, but a fire to be ignited. (François Rabelais)

PJudith
Drover
Drover
Badges: 36

BINGO Clue Round-Up Game 11th Anniversary Without A Trace 8 The Secret Word 2
Fun with Captions Level 1 BINGO Snail Games Edition Olympic Bronze 2018 Anniversary Puzzler
Anniversary Don't Blink 10th Anniversary Letter S Anniversary Secret Word Anniversary Poem or Artwork
Step Up To 2018 Christmas 2017 Not So Guilty Pleasures Thanksgiving To Remember

View all badges

Post by PJudith » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:54 pm

snapdragon has allowed me to indulge in some of my favorite dreams with that screen capture! :thumbup It would make a great fan fic, don't ya think ? "Undercover Cartwrights",all PG of course!

Let's see Joe and Hoss favor nightshirts. For some inexplicable reason Ben keeps his fancy robe on. Maybe he felt a chill. Adam favors a more casual look, perhaps just some lounging pants cos he was hot (yeah, he's hot all right).

But I digress from the episode, now what was it called? :laughing Hoss (the stuntman) going through the railing is so funny. But you'd think the Cartwrights, being in the lumber business and all, would know how to build a railing from sturdier wood! Sure Hoss was a big guy and he'd probably crack it going at that speed but wood doesn't fall apart that easily.Unless of course it's just a breakaway prop.

I love Joe's teasing of Hoss out in the woods with his singsongy voice. "Yoo hoo. Pa sent me here to fetch ya home for supper."

Hoss's speech at the end is wonderful. Shows Hoss for the big man that he is.
These users thanked the author PJudith for the post:
Sharry

debpet2
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 63

Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 Fun With Captions Level 2 BINGO After Party BINGO Search Round-Up Game
BINGO Clue Round-Up Game BINGO Gutterball Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019 Don't Blink
BINGO Search Valentine's Day BINGO Winner Valentine's Day BINGO Gutterball Valentine's Valentine's Day 2019
Out Of The Blue 11th Anniversary Step Up 2019 Christmas 2018

View all badges

Post by debpet2 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:48 pm

Love the humor in this one, especially Adam's little dance. And Hoss' speech at the end encouraging the townspeople to welcome the little people is certainly one of his finest moments. It shows his big heart as well as his understanding of the people he's appealing to.

debpet2 :adam

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 135
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Epilogue FFW 2019 Fun In The Old West
FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game
Ponderosa Prospects BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Clue Round-Up Game Bonanza Ballads Level 8
Springtime 2019 Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Spare Valentine's Day BINGO Search Valentine's Day

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:22 am

There was an additional scene that was aired in Canada where the leprechauns told Hoss that he would find their gold buried under the tree that had a red ribbon tied around it.
Hoss went back and told his family, but by the time they got to the woods where the leprechauns had said it'd be, not only was there a red ribbon around the tree, but one around every single pine tree in the area!

Did anyone else see this scene?
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

patina
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 306

Forum Moderator Librarian Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion
FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game
BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Gutterball Round-Up Game BINGO Clue Round-Up Game Reader's Choice Level 1
Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Spare Valentine's Day Convention 2019 Convention Swag 2019

View all badges

Post by patina » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:18 pm

There's no such scene in the US DVD release. The US DVDs contain uncut episodes.

When did the leprechauns tell Hoss this? He found the gold at the beginning of the ep, setting events in motion.
Wicked Wit of the West
Boomers Librarian

ellen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 122

Forum Moderator Zazzle Buyer Springtime 2019 Oscar Chat 2019
Out Of The Blue Step Up 2019 Christmas 2018 Thanksgiving 2018
Sadie Hawkins Day 2018 Without A Trace 8 Surprise Level 3 Behind The Scenes
Coffee with the Cartwrights Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018

View all badges

Post by ellen » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:48 pm

littlejoenice wrote:There was an additional scene that was aired in Canada where the leprechauns told Hoss that he would find their gold buried under the tree that had a red ribbon tied around it.
Hoss went back and told his family, but by the time they got to the woods where the leprechauns had said it'd be, not only was there a red ribbon around the tree, but one around every single pine tree in the area!

Did anyone else see this scene?
That's an old story - here's one version from http://redpill.dailygrail.com/wiki/Leprechaun
A farmer or young lad captures a leprechaun and forces him to reveal the location of his buried treasure. The leprechaun assures him that the treasure is buried in an open field beneath a particular ragwort plant. The farmer ties a red ribbon to the plant, first extracting a promise from the leprechaun not to remove the ribbon. Releasing the leprechaun, he leaves to get a shovel. Upon his return he finds that every weed in the field has been tied with an identical red ribbon, thus making it impossible to find the treasure.
These users thanked the author ellen for the post:
patina
:ellen Congress is so strange. A man gets up to speak and says nothing. Nobody listens. Then everybody disagrees. - Will Rogers

Return to “Season 5”