Episode 146 - HOSS AND THE LEPRECHAUNS

Bonanza Season 5 Episodes
Adamant
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 318
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam/Any PR character

Forum Moderator Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Library Story 2020 Meet & Greet Chat 2020
Chat Host 12th Anniversary BB Bonanza Ballads Level 9 Escape To Ponderosa
Step up to 2020 Dan Blocker Birthday 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 8 Ponderosa Prospects
Bonanza Ballads Level 7 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary September Song 2019 David Canary Birthday 2019

View all badges

Re: Episode 146 - HOSS AND THE LEPRECHAUNS

Post by Adamant » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:41 am

snapdragon wrote:
ellen wrote: Many a fanfic has been written claiming Adam slept nude - all based on that little glimpse of bare shoulder! :laughing
Oh is that a fact? I haven't read much fanfic but it's interesting that such a small, tantalizing bit of nude Adam flesh is more than enough to fire up fans' imaginations. :lol

P.S. – and why was Ben wearing his robe in bed? :think
Going on scenes for creating FF, Adam either sleeps in the raw or sleeps fully dressed as here in "Hound Dog."
HD_5.jpg
HD
HD_5.jpg (147.87 KiB) Viewed 3231 times
You can even see the black shirt collar although PR made some attempt to close the robe much higher than normal. ML also just threw a nightshirt over his trousers and boots but he did seem to remove his shirt.

Bu it's nice for LG to give us a little flash of leg although he kept his socks on. :grin
We never really grow up; we just learn how to act in public--anonymous

Tracy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 338
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben, Adam, Hoss, Joe
Location: Florida, but my heart will always be in Fairport, NY.

Forum Moderator Rethink, Recycle, Reuse! Pattern This! Reader's Choice Level 5
WAT 9 Bonanza Ballads Level 16 Bonanza Ballads Level 15 Bonanza Ballads Level 14
Reader's Choice Level 4 Summer Reading 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 13 Bonanza Ballads Level 12
Reader's Choice Level 3 FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES

View all badges

Post by Tracy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:33 am

If you're looking for "silly" episode, this is one of several. I like it, but it is not one of my favorites.

TABS
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

Post by TABS » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:11 pm

Love this episode!

littlejoenice
Buckaroo
Buckaroo
Badges: 168
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Rethink, Recycle, Reuse! BINGO Winter 2020 Participant Valentine's Day 2020 Lorne Greene Birthday 2020
BINGO Line Winter 2020 Reader's Choice Level 6 WAT 9 Winter Writing Challenge 2019
12th Anniversary BB Bonanza Ballads Level 13 Library Story 2020 Fan Fiction Reviewer Level 3
Step up to 2020 Christmas Baubles 2019 Dan Blocker Birthday 2019 Reader's Choice Level 5

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:48 pm

I enjoyed this episode a lot, especially where Hoss is recounting the tale to his family and nobody believes him, Adam and Joe least of all to the point where Adam begins teasing him relentlessly. Also, I like to take note of the directors of the episodes, just in case I run across their names somewhere else. I recently got Season 2 and Season 5 of Daniel Boone, and sure enough, several of the episodes on Season 2 had been directed by none other than John Florea.
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

Adamant
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Forum Moderator Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Library Story 2020 Meet & Greet Chat 2020
Step up to 2020 Dan Blocker Birthday 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 8 Ponderosa Prospects
Bonanza Ballads Level 7 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary September Song 2019 David Canary Birthday 2019

View all badges

Post by Adamant » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:02 am

Yesterday I watched my DVR'd Project Bluebook and the episode was about the Kelly-Hopkinsville, Kentucky alien encounter. (BTW, if you're not watching this, it's very good with Aiden Quinn (Petyr Littlefinger in GOT) as Dr. Hynek and Michael Malarkey (yeah -- that's his name) as Captain Quinn. Anyway, the "aliens" were described by the witnesses as "little gray men" but the media, for some unknown reason, used the term "little green men." This was the first time that term was used -- 1955. It made me wonder if 8 years later, the fact that the writers had Hoss describe the leprechauns as little green men (I seen 'em with my own two eyeballs!) was influenced by the supposed "alien" encounter.

Although no one brings up the idea of men from outer space in the episode -- unless there was an original idea by the writers that was tossed aside -- it is a charming coincidence. And Roswell, NM is not that far away.... :laughing

ellen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 129
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Forum Moderator Oscar Chat 2020 Stuffed in Chat 2020 Meet & Greet Chat 2020
WAT 9 12th Anniversary BB Christmas Baubles 2019 Christmas Card Team
Zazzle Buyer Springtime 2019 Oscar Chat 2019 Out Of The Blue
Step Up 2019 Christmas 2018 Thanksgiving 2018 Sadie Hawkins Day 2018

View all badges

Post by ellen » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:17 pm

Yeah, I thought it was strange that people were saying "little green men" instead of "little men in green".

The history of that phrase is interesting. I remember there was an episode of "Star Trek" where the Enterprise went back to the 1960s and someone said something about "not believing in little green men", and then Spock walked in.
:ellen Congress is so strange. A man gets up to speak and says nothing. Nobody listens. Then everybody disagrees. - Will Rogers

Adamant
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

View all badges

Post by Adamant » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:29 pm

ellen wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:17 pm
Yeah, I thought it was strange that people were saying "little green men" instead of "little men in green".

The history of that phrase is interesting. I remember there was an episode of "Star Trek" where the Enterprise went back to the 1960s and someone said something about "not believing in little green men", and then Spock walked in.
I remember that episode of STTOS!

And I wondered about the "little green men" in "Hoss and the Leprechauns" as the weren't green, only their clothes were. That's why I think it may have been the "alien" incident in 1955 that inspired it.

Julianna
Drover
Drover
Badges: 67
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Rethink, Recycle, Reuse! BINGO Spare Winter 2020 BINGO Winter 2020 Participant Valentine's Day 2020
Oscar Chat 2020 Pattern This! WAT 9 12th Anniversary BB
Step up to 2020 Christmas Baubles 2019 December Delectables Christmas Card Team
Warm & Fuzzy Fall 2019 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary September Song 2019 BINGO Winner - Eff Summer 2019

View all badges

Post by Julianna » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:11 pm

I just like everyone else love this episode. Such a wonderful acting opportunity for little people. I always liked Michael Dunn. He was marvelous in the various parts he had too. Was he a guest star on Bonanza too?

Return to “Season 5”