Episode 142 - JOURNEY REMEMBERED

Bonanza Season 5 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 142 - JOURNEY REMEMBERED

Post by Episode Guide » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:42 pm

Date: November 10, 1963

Summary: While Hoss is tending a mare, Ben joins him and remembers the journey during which Hoss was born.

Written by: Anthony Lawrence
Directed by: Irving J.Moore
Guest Stars: Inga Swenson as Inger Cartwright, William Fawcett as Sulliver, Johnny Stephens as young Adam, Kevin Hagen as Simon

Slideshow courtesy of Tracy

JDGal1987
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 6
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben

Valentine's Day 2017 100 Posts BOOMers BOOMbox Lorne Greene Birthday 2017
PODs Stepping Up 2017

View all badges

Re: Episode 142 - JOURNEY REMEMBERED

Post by JDGal1987 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:32 pm

This is my favorite episode out of the 4 we have that let us get to know Ben's wives. Perhaps it's my Swedish background, but I always felt more connected to Inger. And I enjoy seeing Adam as a little boy. But what really makes this my favorite, is the fact that we really have a chance to see Ben as a husband, and how he takes care of his wife and child(ren). It also shows the value of a good marriage where the husband and wife support each other through the good and the bad. And, Lorne Greene's acting ability at the end of the episode leaves me going through all of the emotional turmoil right along with him. Just an overall great episode in my opinion.
“You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.”
– James Froude

PJudith
Drover
Drover
Badges: 36
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

BINGO Clue Round-Up Game 11th Anniversary Without A Trace 8 The Secret Word 2
Fun with Captions Level 1 BINGO Snail Games Edition Olympic Bronze 2018 Anniversary Puzzler
Anniversary Don't Blink 10th Anniversary Letter S Anniversary Secret Word Anniversary Poem or Artwork
Step Up To 2018 Christmas 2017 Not So Guilty Pleasures Thanksgiving To Remember

View all badges

Post by PJudith » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:50 pm

I think it's my favorite "wife" episode too. Inger was so beautiful, strong and yet gentle. She was filled with love and devotion. Obviously Hoss was her son! She seemed to be a true soulmate for Ben. I wish she would have lived to help him carry out his dream.

The only drawback is that Ben would not have met and married Marie and had Little Joe. But maybe he would have had Joe anyway, just with blond hair!

Inger was a wonderful woman.

debpet2
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 68

Bonanza's 60th Anniversary September Song 2019 BINGO Spare Summer 2019 BINGO Booby Summer 2019
BINGO Gutterball Summer 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 Fun With Captions Level 2 BINGO After Party
BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Clue Round-Up Game BINGO Gutterball Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019
Don't Blink BINGO Search Valentine's Day BINGO Winner Valentine's Day BINGO Gutterball Valentine's

View all badges

Post by debpet2 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:20 pm

I always liked the way young Adam held his baby brother Hoss during the attack. I think that was important in securing the strong brotherly bond between them.

debpet2 :adam
These users thanked the author debpet2 for the post:
Sharry

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 153
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Reader's Choice Level 5 Bonanza Ballads Level 12 NaNoWriMo 2019 Reader's Choice Level 4
Michael Landon Birthday 2019 Ponderosa Nightmares 2019 Fall Writing Challenge 2019 Reader's Choice Level 3
Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Summer Reading 2019 September Song 2019
Poetry Portfolio David Canary Birthday 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 10 BINGO Strike Summer 2019

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:48 pm

I loved this episode. At least we saw what happened to Inger! :ha
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

napajackie

Post by napajackie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:44 pm

Rewatching this episode just now. Love Little Adam. I can totally believe Johnny Stevens as a young Adam Cartwright. Was he in anything else? What ever happened to him?

Return to “Season 5”