Episode 124 - THE WAY OF AARON

Bonanza Season 4 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 124 - THE WAY OF AARON

Post by Episode Guide » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:29 pm

Date: March 10, 1963

Summary: Jewish peddler Aaron Kaufman comes to the Ponderosa with his beautiful daughter and Adam falls for her immediately.

Written by:Raphael D. Blau
Directed by: Murray Golden
Guest Stars: Aneta Corseaut (Rebecca Kaufman), Ludwig Donath (Aaron Kaufman)

Slideshow courtesy of Gillie

Julianna
Drover
Drover
Badges: 51
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Epilogue FFW 2019 Puzzlers
FFW 2019 GAMES BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game
BINGO Clue Round-Up Game BINGO Gutterball Round-Up Game Springtime 2019 Saint Patrick's Day 2019
BINGO Spare Valentine's Day BINGO Search Valentine's Day BINGO Gutterball Valentine's Valentine's Day 2019

View all badges

Re: Episode 124 - THE WAY OF AARON

Post by Julianna » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:03 pm

I really like this episode with Adam. He really falls for Andy Taylor's gal(lol) Aneta Corseaut. He definitely had plans and wasn't telling anyone. Too bad this didn't have a sequel.

Calamity
Rancher
Rancher
Badges: 268
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: All Four Cartwrights

BINGO Search Emoticon Edition BINGO Gutterball Emoticon Ed. Without A Trace 5 Countdown to 1,111,111
Stepping Up 2017 Christmas 2016 New Year's Resolutions 2017 Modern Art
Stuffed In Chat Dan Blocker Birthday 2016 Slow Cooker Recipes Guest Who's Coming To Dinner
Lorne Greene's Birthday 2009 The Coloring Book In Memory David Canary Halloween Tales 2016

View all badges

Post by Calamity » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:44 am

I enjoy watching this episode and also wish that it had a second or even a third part. We have all four Cs in character around an interesting plot line. The suspense is slowly built to a climax worth watching. My don't those boys look good all cleaned up for the social.
Proud Owner of Adam's Poetry Book, Lafe's Auction June 2016
Proud Member of BHA
♪ ♫ ♬ Buffalo gals won't you come out tonight? ♪ ♫ ♬

PJudith
Drover
Drover
Badges: 36

BINGO Clue Round-Up Game 11th Anniversary Without A Trace 8 The Secret Word 2
Fun with Captions Level 1 BINGO Snail Games Edition Olympic Bronze 2018 Anniversary Puzzler
Anniversary Don't Blink 10th Anniversary Letter S Anniversary Secret Word Anniversary Poem or Artwork
Step Up To 2018 Christmas 2017 Not So Guilty Pleasures Thanksgiving To Remember

View all badges

Post by PJudith » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:02 pm

Another terrific Adam episode. My, he sure can rock a simple white shirt, can't he?

I've always imagined a different exchange between him and Ben when he his reading that book.

Ben- Adam why aren't you going to the dance with your brothers? You look preoccupied.

Adam- Oh, no reason ,Pa

Ben- Are you sure there's nothing on your mind? You seem distracted.

Adam picks up the book and starts reading.

Ben- Well son, now I KNOW you're distracted.

Adam- Why do you say that Pa?

Ben- Because you're holding the book upsidedown. :grin

Aneta Corsaut looked so pretty in this episode. Her long hair was very becoming, much more flattering than Helen Crump's 'do. Of course she was a teacher and needed to look more professional for work.

A follow up episode featuring the party that the Cartwrights were going to throw would have been nice to see.

Of course nothing could have ever come of the relationship with Adam and Rebecca. You think he would have learned his lesson with Regina. People rarely married outside their faith in those days.

debpet2
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 64

BINGO Gutterball Summer 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 Fun With Captions Level 2 BINGO After Party
BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Clue Round-Up Game BINGO Gutterball Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019
Don't Blink BINGO Search Valentine's Day BINGO Winner Valentine's Day BINGO Gutterball Valentine's
Valentine's Day 2019 Out Of The Blue 11th Anniversary Step Up 2019

View all badges

Post by debpet2 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:54 pm

Rebecca was sweet and pretty, and she and Adam had some nice moments together, but I don't think it could have worked out between them in the long run...and not just because of the religious difference. From her reaction in the crisis I don't think Rebecca was strong enough in character to be a real match for Adam and stand beside him whatever might come. She certainly wouldn't have defied her father to be with Adam over his objections. I did like the way Adam talked to Sport in this episode. We didn't get to see that often enough.

debpet2 :adam

PJudith
Drover
Drover

Fun with Captions Level 1 BINGO Snail Games Edition Olympic Bronze 2018 Anniversary Puzzler
Anniversary Don't Blink 10th Anniversary Letter S Anniversary Secret Word Anniversary Poem or Artwork

View all badges

Post by PJudith » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:56 pm

debpet2 wrote:Rebecca was sweet and pretty, and she and Adam had some nice moments together, but I don't think it could have worked out between them in the long run...and not just because of the religious difference. From her reaction in the crisis I don't think Rebecca was strong enough in character to be a real match for Adam and stand beside him whatever might come. She certainly wouldn't have defied her father to be with Adam over his objections. I did like the way Adam talked to Sport in this episode. We didn't get to see that often enough.

And you think Laura WAS strong enough in character :laughing and he almost married her! Actually when Adam first saw Rebecca I doubt he was thinking, "My, look at the strong character on that woman." :no

Oh just kiddin' around. I know what you mean. Adam needed a strong partner, at least someone strong enough to stand up to him. He could be stubborn. I wouldn't betoo harsh on Rebecca. She wasn't exactly worldly. She told Adam that she didn't go out much . She stayed home to cook and sew and knit. So when she and her father were robbed at gunpoint by two strangers out in the middle of nowhere, well no wonder she freaked out a little. I would've freaked,a lot and probably :sob a lot too.

I suspect she was a lot stronger and strong-willed than she first appeared. After all, her father kept her at home and sheltered. The last two sales trips which she accompanied him on were probably her idea.

It's doubtful he said ,"Rebecca my child , you must get out of the house more. Come with me. Meet people."

I think Rebecca convinced her father to take her along . I don't mean that she manipulated him but I think she convinced him that if she went along she could be of some help. She struck me as being a strong woman in that soft "Steel Magnolia" tradition. She did stand up to him and say that she wanted to meet people and be a part of the world around her.

debpet2
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 64

BINGO Gutterball Summer 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 Fun With Captions Level 2 BINGO After Party
BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Clue Round-Up Game BINGO Gutterball Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019
Don't Blink BINGO Search Valentine's Day BINGO Winner Valentine's Day BINGO Gutterball Valentine's
Valentine's Day 2019 Out Of The Blue 11th Anniversary Step Up 2019

View all badges

Post by debpet2 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:31 pm

Now who said anything about Laura? :laughing You're right that Laura was certainly not strong enough to be a partner for Adam. And it's true that Rebecca's father seems to have kept her pretty sheltered. That can go a long way toward explaining why she acted as she did but it doesn't change it. She may have had the potential to become more independent but developing it would have been along slow process.

PJudith
Drover
Drover

View all badges

Post by PJudith » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:50 pm

Oh boy, "developing her potential" in a loooong slow process with Adam by her side to help. :drool I think Rebecca would've been okay with that.

What's the lesson today Adam? And no more horseback riding lessons please. Teach me music appreciation, serenade me with your guitar.

Yeah, I could deal with a long learning curve like that!
These users thanked the author PJudith for the post:
Julianna

CowgirlAtHeart
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 176
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

Forum Moderator Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 Board Navigation 2019
Bonanza Ballads Level 6 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Puzzlers
BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game Bonanza Ballads Level 5
BINGO Clue Round-Up Game Springtime 2019 Reader's Choice Level 3 Saint Patrick's Day 2019

View all badges

Post by CowgirlAtHeart » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:57 pm

I thought this was a sweet episode. I was especially glad Adam had such respect for Aaron's traditions, such as not working at all on the Sabbath. Also, the scene with Hoss and Joe telling Ben he should come to the dance was hilarious!
What, are you practicing to be a burglar, bettin' that kind of money on a two-card draw?Joe, "Queen High"

Horsefeather
Badges: 1

Don't Blink

View all badges

Post by Horsefeather » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:38 am

One of my top favorites.

Return to “Season 4”