Episode 118 - HALF A ROGUE

Bonanza Season 4 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 118 - HALF A ROGUE

Post by Episode Guide » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:16 pm

Date: January 27, 1963

Summary: Hoss believes murder suspect Jim Leyton is innocent and goes after the real killer.

Written by: Arnold Belgard
Directed by: Don McDougall
Guest Stars: Slim Pickens (Jim Leyton)

Slideshow courtesy of Freya

littlejoenice
Buckaroo
Buckaroo
Badges: 168
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Rethink, Recycle, Reuse! BINGO Winter 2020 Participant Valentine's Day 2020 Lorne Greene Birthday 2020
BINGO Line Winter 2020 Reader's Choice Level 6 WAT 9 Winter Writing Challenge 2019
12th Anniversary BB Bonanza Ballads Level 13 Library Story 2020 Fan Fiction Reviewer Level 3
Step up to 2020 Christmas Baubles 2019 Dan Blocker Birthday 2019 Reader's Choice Level 5

View all badges

Re: Episode 118 - HALF A ROGUE

Post by littlejoenice » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:21 pm

I've always liked Slim Pickens, so seeing him in this role was quite interesting. However, I can't see him as being the type to kill anybody, not with his personality. I especially like the scene where Hoss is trying to get him to take his medicine and climbs on the bed, breaking it in the process. The look on Ben's face when he comes in and finds them like that is priceless. Gives you an idea of how he must've reacted when his sons were younger and having similar fights.

The ending is hilarious, when Jim Leyton crushes Hoss' hat on his hat, and Ben just points and laughs, saying, "I've been wanting to do that myself!" Hilarious. :rotfl
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

Janet the Wicked
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Badges: 12
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben

Rethink, Recycle, Reuse! Lorne Greene Birthday 2020 Meet & Greet Chat 2020 WAT 9
10th Anniversary Letter W Step up to 2020 Don't Blink PODs
Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Amazon Buyer 100 Posts New Member Post

View all badges

Re: Episode 118 - HALF A ROGUE

Post by Janet the Wicked » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:47 pm

A good episode, what I saw of it. TVLand cut at least ten minutes from this episode. I didn't even know Adam was in it!
Is that all you can think about at a time like this, cake???

Return to “Season 4”