Episode 118 - HALF A ROGUE

Bonanza Season 4 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 118 - HALF A ROGUE

Post by Episode Guide » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:16 pm

Date: January 27, 1963

Summary: Hoss believes murder suspect Jim Leyton is innocent and goes after the real killer.

Written by: Arnold Belgard
Directed by: Don McDougall
Guest Stars: Slim Pickens (Jim Leyton)

Slideshow courtesy of Freya

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 144
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Summer Reading 2019 September Song 2019 Poetry Portfolio
David Canary Birthday 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 10 BINGO Strike Summer 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 9
Board Navigation 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Epilogue
FFW 2019 Fun In The Old West FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES BINGO After Party

View all badges

Re: Episode 118 - HALF A ROGUE

Post by littlejoenice » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:21 pm

I've always liked Slim Pickens, so seeing him in this role was quite interesting. However, I can't see him as being the type to kill anybody, not with his personality. I especially like the scene where Hoss is trying to get him to take his medicine and climbs on the bed, breaking it in the process. The look on Ben's face when he comes in and finds them like that is priceless. Gives you an idea of how he must've reacted when his sons were younger and having similar fights.

The ending is hilarious, when Jim Leyton crushes Hoss' hat on his hat, and Ben just points and laughs, saying, "I've been wanting to do that myself!" Hilarious. :rotfl
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

Return to “Season 4”