Episode 116 - SONG IN THE DARK

Bonanza Season 4 Episodes
patina
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 310
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Forum Moderator Librarian Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Friends Gathering 2019
September Song 2019 BINGO Spare Summer 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion
FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game
BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Gutterball Round-Up Game BINGO Clue Round-Up Game Reader's Choice Level 1

View all badges

Re: Episode 116 - SONG IN THE DARK

Post by patina » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:08 pm

Rim, rim, under the red rock rim.

Everyone sing along!

:band
These users thanked the author patina for the post:
Calamity
Wicked Wit of the West
Boomers Librarian

manulanee
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 42
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam / Pernell

Winter 2018/2019 11th Anniversary Step Up 2019 Surprise Level 5
Surprise Level 4 Surprise Level 3 Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1
Break The Record eff 2018 5,000 Posts September Song 2018 Summer 2018
Olympic Bronze 2018 Valentine's Day 2018 Anniversary Word Puzzle 10th Anniversary Letter U

View all badges

Post by manulanee » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:32 am

patina wrote:Rim, rim, under the red rock rim.

Everyone sing along!

:band
BonanzaBoomers' Choir? Where can I sign in? :grin
How many lives - do you figure - yours is worth? (Adam in "The Way Station")
A child is no pot to be filled, but a fire to be ignited. (François Rabelais)

ljlover2001
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 30
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joseph

100 Posts Episode Summary Cock & Bull So You Think You Know Bonanza
Fun with 1's Break the record Valentine's Day 2010 Valentine's Day 2011
Letters to Santa 2012 Meet and greet chat Meet and greet chat Stuffed in chat
Chat Badge Fun Lorne Greene's Birthday 2010 Lorne Greene's Birthday 2011 Lorne Greene's Birthday 2013

View all badges

Post by ljlover2001 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:23 am

Loved it when I actually met Greg Walcott (lovely man) and he sang this for us.
Adam's over the top oerformance at the end, when he confronts the preacher, is great to watch. He sounds as nutty as the preacher LOL
And Joe and Hoss at the beginning, when they are woken up by Danny's singing, is so sweet. Joe looks adorable, all mussed up from being asleep
The character of Danny is lovely, such a sweet, innocent man. All he wants to do is help people and I am glad Adam helped and supported him. Once more, Adam's stubborn conviction that Danny was innocent, proved to be correct.
Little Joe forever
Lynne

zarapam
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 3

Group Member 100 Posts Boomers Million

View all badges

Post by zarapam » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:26 pm

Calamity wrote:Ohhhhh I adore this episode because it's the classic murder mystery - Cartwright style. Adam is certainly styling in his pursuit of the guilty Rev. Johnson. That staircase scene catches me every time. The only problem with this one is that it leaves me wishing that the writers had given Adam more mysteries to solve in future episodes.
Me too. I think Adam made a great detective.

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 146
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Reader's Choice Level 3 Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Summer Reading 2019
September Song 2019 Poetry Portfolio David Canary Birthday 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 10
BINGO Strike Summer 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 9 Board Navigation 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019
FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Epilogue FFW 2019 Fun In The Old West FFW 2019 Puzzlers

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:58 am

I read somewhere, I can't think of where at the moment, that Pernell Roberts got so into the mood during the last scene that they filmed it in one take. I wanted my younger brother to see that scene, so to convince him, I said, "You want to see creepy Adam?" Naturally, he jumped at the chance. :laughing All in all, though, that was one powerful scene. I think one of the comments I made when I showed my mom was that, "The guy was totally insane, so to get at the truth, Adam had to play on that insanity." He does a good job playing a crazy man, don't you agree? :grin

But that Gregory Walcott. I just got through saying how I couldn't stand him in the episode, "Death at Dawn." How does one who played such an annoying character the first time around go to playing a quiet, innocent man? I just don't understand that.
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

ellen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 122

Forum Moderator Zazzle Buyer Springtime 2019 Oscar Chat 2019
Out Of The Blue Step Up 2019 Christmas 2018 Thanksgiving 2018
Sadie Hawkins Day 2018 Without A Trace 8 Surprise Level 3 Behind The Scenes
Coffee with the Cartwrights Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018

View all badges

Post by ellen » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:19 pm

littlejoenice wrote:....
But that Gregory Walcott. I just got through saying how I couldn't stand him in the episode, "Death at Dawn." How does one who played such an annoying character the first time around go to playing a quiet, innocent man? I just don't understand that.
He's an actor! I've met him in real life (as have several on this forum) and he was the sweetest guy.
These users thanked the author ellen for the post:
patina
:ellen Congress is so strange. A man gets up to speak and says nothing. Nobody listens. Then everybody disagrees. - Will Rogers

Adamant
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 307
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam/Any PR character

Forum Moderator Bonanza Ballads Level 7 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary September Song 2019
David Canary Birthday 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 6 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion
Bonanza Ballads Level 5 Springtime 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 4 Amazon Buyer
Bonanza Ballads Level 3 Lorne Greene Birthday 2019 Valentine's Day 2019 Fun With Captions Level 3

View all badges

Post by Adamant » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:25 pm

Actually, I don't care for this episode --too many loose threads and there's no justification or previous event for Johnson to become a homicidal maniac and murder the widow; it just doesn't make sense. Nor, as I said in an earlier post, does it make sense that Adam would take a chance letting Johnson shoot him off the horse; Johnson might have actually done so. Nevertheless, I do have a favorite scene --
song_11.jpg
Somg
song_11.jpg (63.29 KiB) Viewed 1251 times
PR's acting is perfect in this scene and his mannerisms say more than the dialogue. (And I adore Walcott. In a later episode, I think it's "Thornton's Account," he says to one of his men about another, "Shoot that fool." Walcott's delivery is perfect. :thumbup )
We never really grow up; we just learn how to act in public--anonymous

Return to “Season 4”