Episode 99 - THE MOUNTAIN GIRL

Bonanza Season 3 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 99 - THE MOUNTAIN GIRL

Post by Episode Guide » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:23 am

Date: May 13, 1962

Summary: Joe makes a promise to a dying sheepman to unite his granddaughter, Trudy, with her paternal grandfather. The Cartwrights try to transform the girl into a genteel young lady, so that she will be welcomed by her wealthy San Francisco relatives.

Written by: John Furia, Jr.
Directed by: Don McDougall
Guest Stars: Trudy Harker...Nina Shipman Paul...Warren Oates Josiah Harker...Carl Benton Reid Stephanie...Nancy Hadley Seth...Will Wright Annie...Mary Treen

Slideshow image courtesy of Bejules

Drifter
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Badges: 12
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 PODs Oscar Chat 2019
Valentine's Day 2019 Christmas 2018 Hidden Treasures Halloween 2018
Time For A Commercial Break 4 Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018 New Member Post

View all badges

Re: Episode 99 - THE MOUNTAIN GIRL

Post by Drifter » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:20 pm

I can see why this isn’t a popular episode from a review standpoint. Compared to “The Spitfire,” Trudy was really a sweet girl. It’s unfortunate she had the pressure of high society and staying with Paul, while caring for her, was scared she was becoming too good for him. This may have been par for the course at the time; that women couldn’t be higher than men. At least Mr. Harker was decent. Cousin Stephanie was a snob, and no doubt the Cartwrights weren’t impressed. Still there could have been a compromise somewhere. Instead of simply settling for the life she was had because it was what she knew, I would hope Trudy will eventually receive her inheritance and be able to own land and live in a nice house.

daisy60
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Badges: 140
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 3 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 BINGO After Party
Zazzle Buyer BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019
BINGO Search Valentine's Day Oscar Chat 2019 BINGO Gutterball Valentine's Valentine's Day 2019
15,000 Posts Out Of The Blue Amazon Buyer Super Bowl 2019

View all badges

Re: Episode 99 - THE MOUNTAIN GIRL

Post by daisy60 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:30 am

I like Trudy and I liked the way Joe, with help from his family trained her for society. I couldn't stand Stephanie but there's usually one in every family! :shrug

Return to “Season 3”