Episode 73 - THE MANY FACES OF GIDEON FLINCH

Bonanza Season 3 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 73 - THE MANY FACES OF GIDEON FLINCH

Post by Episode Guide » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:09 am

Date: November 5, 1961

Summary: This is another comedy full of antics and mistaken identities. Gideon Flinch cons Bullethead Burke out of $5000 and the thug has come to town to collect. Gideon’s niece, Jennifer, cajoles both Hoss and Joe into helping her uncle…without their knowing it. Through it all, a pick pocket, Jake the Weasel, traipses in and out of scenes confusing the situation with more twists and turns.

Written by:Robert Vincent Wright
Directed by: Robert Altman
Guest Stars: Jennifer Flinch...Sue Ane Langdon Jake the Weasel...Arnold Stang Gideon Flinch...Ian Wolfe Bullethead Burke...Harry Swoger Thug #1...Joseph Turkel Thug #2...Robert Jordan Roy Coffee...Ray Teal Clem...Robert Foulk Jeb(Old man)..Clem Bevans Burt(Old man)...Burt Mustin Little Boy...Ricky Kelman Drunk #1...Charles Horvath Drunk #2...George Dunn Hotel Clerk...Owen Bush Bill Clark...(uncredited extra) Betty Endicott...(uncredited extra)

Slideshow courtesy of Bejules

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 146
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Reader's Choice Level 3 Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Summer Reading 2019
September Song 2019 Poetry Portfolio David Canary Birthday 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 10
BINGO Strike Summer 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 9 Board Navigation 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019
FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Epilogue FFW 2019 Fun In The Old West FFW 2019 Puzzlers

View all badges

Re: Episode 73 - THE MANY FACES OF GIDEON FLINCH

Post by littlejoenice » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Does anybody have a funny picture of Jake the Weasel that they could post, with a funny caption? It's my brother's favorite character, and favorite episode, too!
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

daisy60
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Badges: 142
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

Bonanza's 60th Anniversary BINGO Line Summer 2019 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 3 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2
Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 BINGO After Party Zazzle Buyer BINGO Spare Round-Up Game
BINGO Search Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Search Valentine's Day Oscar Chat 2019
BINGO Gutterball Valentine's Valentine's Day 2019 15,000 Posts Out Of The Blue

View all badges

Post by daisy60 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:35 pm

I love this episode. Sue Ann Langdon was really funny. I love when Joe tosses her over his shoulder and smacks her. There is a bit of a blooper but I can't remember where I read it. It's at the end when Hoss is in the alley confronting the bad guys. Sue Ann back into Mike and grabs a feel. Mike has a shocked look on his face but they both went right into there lines.

janet0312
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 5
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

PODs Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Amazon Buyer 100 Posts
New Member Post

View all badges

Post by janet0312 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:54 am

daisy60 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:35 pm
I love this episode. Sue Ann Langdon was really funny. I love when Joe tosses her over his shoulder and smacks her. There is a bit of a blooper but I can't remember where I read it. It's at the end when Hoss is in the alley confronting the bad guys. Sue Ann back into Mike and grabs a feel. Mike has a shocked look on his face but they both went right into there lines.

I watched this episode this morning and sure enough, Sue Ann does indeed back into Joe with her hands behind her back. ML turns his head slightly and smiles. Whether or not it was intentional, who can say?

Return to “Season 3”