Episode 81 - LAND GRAB

Bonanza Season 3 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 81 - LAND GRAB

Post by Episode Guide » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:26 am

Date: December 31, 1961

Summary: The Cartwrights entertain and old army friend of Ben’s, Colonel Bragg. At the same time, they find a group of squatters pitching camp on the Ponderosa. They have property deeds and they claim that they purchased the land from a fellow named John Polk. The claims and the deeds are fraudulent and violence ensues before the issue is resolved.

Written by:Ward Hawkins
Directed by: David Orrick McDearmon
Guest Stars: Colonel Bragg...John McGiver Mike Sullivan...George Mitchell Lisette Belrose...Lisette Loze Hop Sing...Victor Sen Yung Roy Coffee...Ray Teal Bobby Jacks...Don Wilbanks Eddie Wheeler...Don Oreck Mr. Belrose...Dennis Whitcomb Jean Wheeler...Jason Johnson Amanda Gates...Eileen Ryan Victoria Gates...Fay McKenzie Hotel Clerk...Fred Sherman

Slideshow images courtesy of Tracy

CowgirlAtHeart
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 173
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

Forum Moderator Bonanza Ballads Level 6 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion
FFW 2019 Puzzlers BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game
Bonanza Ballads Level 5 BINGO Clue Round-Up Game Springtime 2019 Reader's Choice Level 3
Saint Patrick's Day 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 4 Reader's Choice Level 2 BINGO Spare Valentine's Day

View all badges

Re: Episode 81 - LAND GRAB

Post by CowgirlAtHeart » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:47 pm

I noticed something that seemed funny in this episode. When Hoss is talking to the two women who have one of the land parcels, he calls himself "Hoss Jones" because he's been warned not to say he's a Cartwright. One of those two women is played by Eileen Ryan, who plays...guess who...Abigail Jones, later on in this season. I know Jones is a common name, but I think the coincidence is interesting!
These users thanked the author CowgirlAtHeart for the post:
littlejoenice
What, are you practicing to be a burglar, bettin' that kind of money on a two-card draw?Joe, "Queen High"

daisy60
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Badges: 137
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

BINGO After Party Zazzle Buyer BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game
Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Search Valentine's Day Oscar Chat 2019 BINGO Gutterball Valentine's
Valentine's Day 2019 15,000 Posts Out Of The Blue Amazon Buyer
Super Bowl 2019 11th Anniversary Step Up 2019 Winter 2018/2019

View all badges

Post by daisy60 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:24 am

I noticed Eileen Ryan sometime during the mid-70's, just that she looked familiar. I realized her name years later. My favorite scene is when both ladies pull up at the Ponderosa looking for Hoss. They were looking for a man after all and he'll do nicely!
:just married
These users thanked the author daisy60 for the post:
CowgirlAtHeart

Calamity
Rancher
Rancher
Badges: 268
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: All Four Cartwrights

BINGO Search Emoticon Edition BINGO Gutterball Emoticon Ed. Without A Trace 5 Countdown to 1,111,111
Stepping Up 2017 Christmas 2016 New Year's Resolutions 2017 Modern Art
Stuffed In Chat Dan Blocker Birthday 2016 Slow Cooker Recipes Guest Who's Coming To Dinner
Lorne Greene's Birthday 2009 The Coloring Book In Memory David Canary Halloween Tales 2016

View all badges

Post by Calamity » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:04 pm

I like to watch this one not because of the guest star but because of how the rest of the cast reacts that his character. That scene between Adam and Hop Sing is priceless!
Proud Owner of Adam's Poetry Book, Lafe's Auction June 2016
Proud Member of BHA
♪ ♫ ♬ Buffalo gals won't you come out tonight? ♪ ♫ ♬

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 135
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Epilogue FFW 2019 Fun In The Old West
FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game
Ponderosa Prospects BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Clue Round-Up Game Bonanza Ballads Level 8
Springtime 2019 Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Spare Valentine's Day BINGO Search Valentine's Day

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:29 pm

CowgirlAtHeart wrote:I noticed something that seemed funny in this episode. When Hoss is talking to the two women who have one of the land parcels, he calls himself "Hoss Jones" because he's been warned not to say he's a Cartwright. One of those two women is played by Eileen Ryan, who plays...guess who...Abigail Jones, later on in this season. I know Jones is a common name, but I think the coincidence is interesting!
I never noticed that, Cowgirl. Thanks for bringing that up. I'll have to rewatch that episode now! :grin
These users thanked the author littlejoenice for the post:
CowgirlAtHeart
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

Return to “Season 3”