Bonanza Season 2 Episodes
TNTrue
Badges: 1
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

New Member Post

View all badges

Re: Episode 59 - THE GIFT

Post by TNTrue » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:22 pm

I love this episode for the Cartwright stuff, which has mostly been mentioned.

But it makes me a little crazy that they cast Martin Landau as a hispanic guy. He does a good job, and the make up is pretty good (unless you're looking for flaws), but there are a couple of scenes where his blue eyes look very strange. Also, I'd love to know what they put on his shirt, because his horse was all over him a couple of times!

Drifter
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Badges: 14
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

1,000 Posts 100 Posts Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019
PODs Oscar Chat 2019 Valentine's Day 2019 Christmas 2018
Hidden Treasures Halloween 2018 Time For A Commercial Break 4 Surprise Level 1
Break The Record eff 2018 New Member Post

View all badges

Post by Drifter » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:38 pm

I kind’ve liked the contrast between his skin and eyes. You almost wondered what side he was on since he had a devious “past.” We’re used to seeing Mexicans with dark skin and eyes, but even Mexicans with mostly or purely European blood can have some light features. Of course the most tragic part is what happened to the horse, but at least Ben got to see what his sons intentions were.
These users thanked the author Drifter for the post:
TNTrue

TNTrue
Badges: 1
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

New Member Post

View all badges

Post by TNTrue » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:42 pm

Drifter wrote:We’re used to seeing Mexicans with dark skin and eyes, but even Mexicans with mostly or purely European blood can have some light features.
I suppose. My problem is that I watched Landau on Mission Impossible and Space:1999, and every time they did a good close up of his eyes it'd remind me of what he usually looks like, which was distracting.

Return to “Season 2”