Episode 38 - DENVER MCKEE

Bonanza Season 2 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 38 - DENVER MCKEE

Post by Episode Guide » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:30 pm

Date: October 15, 1960

Summary: Denver McKee is a retired lawman and friend of the Cartwright family, whose daughter Connie is returning to Nevada after going to school in the East for four years. In his resolution to provide for Connie’s future security and happiness, Denver proves he does not have much respect for the law he once swore to uphold.

Written by: Fred Freiberger
Directed by: Jacques Tourneur
Guest Stars: Franchot Tone (Denver McKee), Natalie Trundy (Connie McKee), Ken Mayer (Miles Briscoe), Bob Barker (Mort)

Slideshow courtesy of Bejules

ellen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 122
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Forum Moderator Zazzle Buyer Springtime 2019 Oscar Chat 2019
Out Of The Blue Step Up 2019 Christmas 2018 Thanksgiving 2018
Sadie Hawkins Day 2018 Without A Trace 8 Surprise Level 3 Behind The Scenes
Coffee with the Cartwrights Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018

View all badges

Re: Episode 38 - DENVER MCKEE

Post by ellen » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:33 pm

I have been watching "Feud: Bette and Joan", a miniseries about Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. In reading some information about these 2 grand dames, I found that "Denver McKee", ie Franchot Tone, was married to Joan Crawford. They were married from 1935 to 1939 and made 7 films together. When they divorced, he remarried 3 more times, but later in his life, when he was suffering from lung cancer, she paid for his medical care and, eventually, his funeral.
:ellen Congress is so strange. A man gets up to speak and says nothing. Nobody listens. Then everybody disagrees. - Will Rogers

Adamant
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 307
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam/Any PR character

Forum Moderator Bonanza Ballads Level 7 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary September Song 2019
David Canary Birthday 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 6 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion
Bonanza Ballads Level 5 Springtime 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 4 Amazon Buyer
Bonanza Ballads Level 3 Lorne Greene Birthday 2019 Valentine's Day 2019 Fun With Captions Level 3

View all badges

Re: Episode 38 - DENVER MCKEE

Post by Adamant » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:17 pm

ellen wrote:I have been watching "Feud: Bette and Joan", a miniseries about Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. In reading some information about these 2 grand dames, I found that "Denver McKee", ie Franchot Tone, was married to Joan Crawford. They were married from 1935 to 1939 and made 7 films together. When they divorced, he remarried 3 more times, but later in his life, when he was suffering from lung cancer, she paid for his medical care and, eventually, his funeral.
I've been watching it as well--and enjoying it. Ages ago, I read that Franchot Tone was the reason for the "Feud". He and Bette made a film together and she fell madly in love with him--but Joan married him. He was a handsome leading man--and nice. From other things I read, Joan was extremely loyal to those she loved--family and friends. (BTW, the 2nd season of "Feud" will be Prince Charles and Diana.)
We never really grow up; we just learn how to act in public--anonymous

Return to “Season 2”