Episode 25 - ESCAPE TO PONDEROSA

Bonanza Season 1 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 25 - ESCAPE TO PONDEROSA

Post by Episode Guide » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:55 pm

Date: March 5, 1960

Summary: Three army deserters find themselves on the Ponderosa and Ben comes up against the brutal and relentless army captain who is pursuing them.

Written by: Robert E. Thompson, Bill Barrett
Directed by: Christian Nyby
Guest Stars: Neda...Gloria Talbott Captain James Bolton…Chris Alcaide Colonel Metcalfe...Dayton Lummis Corporal...Sherwood Price Jimmy Sutton...Joe Maross Paul Tyler,...Grant Williams Mertz...James Parnell

Slideshow images courtesy of Calamity

Julia Rose
Badges: 2
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss and Joe

St. Patrick's Day 2018 New Member Post

View all badges

Re: Episode 25 - ESCAPE TO PONDEROSA

Post by Julia Rose » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:38 pm

The funniest part of this episode is when Joe says "I'm really PROud of you!"
These users thanked the author Julia Rose for the post:
littlejoenice

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 147
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Fall Writing Challenge 2019 Reader's Choice Level 3 Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary
Summer Reading 2019 September Song 2019 Poetry Portfolio David Canary Birthday 2019
Bonanza Ballads Level 10 BINGO Strike Summer 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 9 Board Navigation 2019
Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Epilogue FFW 2019 Fun In The Old West

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:09 am

I loved what came next, where Hoss chased Joe around the room, and Joe jumps on the table! :rotfl
These users thanked the author littlejoenice for the post:
Julia Rose
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

Julia Rose

View all badges

Post by Julia Rose » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:19 pm

And then Pa comes in and Joe tries to keep on the opposite side of Pa from Hoss (burning himself on the stove in the process), except his plan backfires when Pa sits down heavily in his chair and Joe can't get past him ;D

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 147
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Fall Writing Challenge 2019 Reader's Choice Level 3 Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary
Summer Reading 2019 September Song 2019 Poetry Portfolio David Canary Birthday 2019
Bonanza Ballads Level 10 BINGO Strike Summer 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 9 Board Navigation 2019
Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Epilogue FFW 2019 Fun In The Old West

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:57 am

Julia Rose wrote:And then Pa comes in and Joe tries to keep on the opposite side of Pa from Hoss (burning himself on the stove in the process), except his plan backfires when Pa sits down heavily in his chair and Joe can't get past him ;D
I think we'd better stop with the "next" parts, otherwise we'll have the whole episode broken down by scene! :rotfl How about this? We just admit that we know the whole episode, back to front, inside out, and even upside down, and that it's one of our favorites? :ha
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

Julia Rose

View all badges

Post by Julia Rose » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:45 pm

littlejoenice wrote:I think we'd better stop with the "next" parts, otherwise we'll have the whole episode broken down by scene! :rotfl How about this? We just admit that we know the whole episode, back to front, inside out, and even upside down, and that it's one of our favorites? :ha
Yes I agree :wink :yes :laughing
These users thanked the author Julia Rose for the post:
littlejoenice

Drifter
Drover
Drover
Badges: 18
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Summer Reading 2019 September Song 2019 Ponderosa Prospects
1,000 Posts 100 Posts Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019
PODs Oscar Chat 2019 Valentine's Day 2019 Christmas 2018
Hidden Treasures Halloween 2018 Time For A Commercial Break 4 Surprise Level 1

View all badges

Post by Drifter » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:10 pm

I can't say this is is a favorite of mine, but the previously mentioned scene is a great one. As for the rest of it...a corrupt army captain...a girl who falls for a man she's only known for a day or two instead of one of our respectable Cartwrights...and Adam plays a "Damsel in Distress" (this seems to be a theme here in Paiute War, and Blood on the Land as well).

But hey, I can't blame Ben for being "territorial" either.

Return to “Season 1”