Episode 19 - THE GUNMEN

Bonanza Season 1 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 19 - THE GUNMEN

Post by Episode Guide » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:28 pm

Date: January 23, 1960

Summary: While traveling through Kiowa Flats, Hoss and Joe are mistaken for the infamous Slade Brothers.

Written by: Carey Wilbur
Directed by: Christian Nyby
Guest Stars: B. Bannerman Brown...Henry Hull Jubal...George Mitchell Alonzo McFadden...Douglas Spencer Twirly Boggs...King Donovan McFadden Boy...Dennis Holmes Lorna Doone Mayboy...Ellen Corby Amanda McFadden...Ann Graves, Clara Lou Kinsey...Jenny Maxwell Sonny...Billy McLean Anse Hadfield...Jonathan Gilmore Lisabelle Jones...Jody Fair Quisy McFadden...Dorothy Neumann Susan Hadfield...Dorothy Crehan Bob Miles...(uncredited extra and stunt double) Bill Clark...( uncredited extra and stunt double)

Slideshow gif image by Bejules

CowgirlAtHeart
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 179
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

Forum Moderator Fun With Captions Level 2 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary September Song 2019
Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 Board Navigation 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 6
Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Puzzlers BINGO After Party
BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game Bonanza Ballads Level 5 BINGO Clue Round-Up Game

View all badges

Re: Episode 19 - THE GUNMEN

Post by CowgirlAtHeart » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:10 pm

Happening across pictures from this episode today, I noticed that when ML plays the bad guy Joe's mistaken for (Little Jim, I think?) he wears a right-handed gun belt turned around backwards so the gun is on his left and the buckle is in the back! Why, I wonder? Couldn't he get a left-handed one?

I know ML wears another gun belt backwards in "Alias Joe Cartwright," but that's because he's playing right-handed Angus Borden...

(You can tell I've been overthinking this!)
What, are you practicing to be a burglar, bettin' that kind of money on a two-card draw?Joe, "Queen High"

ellie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 169
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Forum Moderator Friends Gathering 2019 September Song 2019 BINGO After Party
BINGO Search Round-Up Game BINGO Host Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Host Valentine's Day
Amazon Buyer Super Bowl 2019 Surprise Level 2 Oktoberfest Recipe 2018
Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018 Cinco de mayo 2018 Bonanza Ballads Level 1

View all badges

Post by ellie » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:16 pm

I laugh through this episode every time. I love Ellen Corby and, in this episode, her "Ode to the Dearly Departed." :rotfl
These users thanked the author ellie for the post:
CowgirlAtHeart

daisy60
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Badges: 142
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

Bonanza's 60th Anniversary BINGO Line Summer 2019 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 3 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2
Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 BINGO After Party Zazzle Buyer BINGO Spare Round-Up Game
BINGO Search Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Search Valentine's Day Oscar Chat 2019
BINGO Gutterball Valentine's Valentine's Day 2019 15,000 Posts Out Of The Blue

View all badges

Post by daisy60 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:26 am

This is the first Hoss and Joe comedy. The two of them work so well together and still have me laughing all though this episode. I love when Ellen Corby and all of the girls visit Joe in jail. Great episode!

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 146
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Reader's Choice Level 3 Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary Summer Reading 2019
September Song 2019 Poetry Portfolio David Canary Birthday 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 10
BINGO Strike Summer 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 9 Board Navigation 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019
FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Epilogue FFW 2019 Fun In The Old West FFW 2019 Puzzlers

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:34 pm

CowgirlAtHeart wrote:Happening across pictures from this episode today, I noticed that when ML plays the bad guy Joe's mistaken for (Little Jim, I think?) he wears a right-handed gun belt turned around backwards so the gun is on his left and the buckle is in the back! Why, I wonder? Couldn't he get a left-handed one?

I know ML wears another gun belt backwards in "Alias Joe Cartwright," but that's because he's playing right-handed Angus Borden...

(You can tell I've been overthinking this!)
I never really looked too much at the gun-belts. And if you overthink it, who cares? Isn't that we, as devoted fans, literally devote our lives to? :laughing
These users thanked the author littlejoenice for the post:
CowgirlAtHeart
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

Return to “Season 1”