Episode 11 - THE TRUCKEE STRIP

Bonanza Season 1 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 11 - THE TRUCKEE STRIP

Post by Episode Guide » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:10 pm

Date: November 21, 1959

Summary: Luther Bishop and the Cartwrights have been involved in a feud over a piece of land called the Truckee Strip. A silver baron and the foreman of the Bishop ranch plan to take advantage of the feud in order to get the timber off the land. As the feud escalates, Joe and Amy Bishop fall in love.

Written by: Herman Groves
Directed by: Christian Nyby
Guest Stars: James Coburn (Pete Jessup), Adrienne Hayes (Amy Bishop), Carl Benton Reid (Luther Bishop), Charles Horvath (Willard Trump), S. John Launer (Jason Carter), Peter Chong (Lo Chow), John Frederick, Jim Hayward

Images courtesy of Gillie

PJudith
Drover
Drover
Badges: 36
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

BINGO Clue Round-Up Game 11th Anniversary Without A Trace 8 The Secret Word 2
Fun with Captions Level 1 BINGO Snail Games Edition Olympic Bronze 2018 Anniversary Puzzler
Anniversary Don't Blink 10th Anniversary Letter S Anniversary Secret Word Anniversary Poem or Artwork
Step Up To 2018 Christmas 2017 Not So Guilty Pleasures Thanksgiving To Remember

View all badges

Re: Episode 11 - THE TRUCKEE STRIP

Post by PJudith » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:14 pm

Bonanza does Romeo and Juliet. A very sweet love story for Little Joe. We really get to see Ben's fierce love for his sons and how he'd never put the Ponderosa above their happiness.

But like Suellen Terry, Amy Bishop just didn't know when to duck. :scared3 The first casualty of Joe's romantic nature...

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 137
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Bonanza Ballads Level 9 Board Navigation 2019 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion
FFW 2019 Epilogue FFW 2019 Fun In The Old West FFW 2019 Puzzlers FFW 2019 GAMES
BINGO After Party BINGO Spare Round-Up Game Ponderosa Prospects BINGO Search Round-Up Game
BINGO Clue Round-Up Game Bonanza Ballads Level 8 Springtime 2019 Saint Patrick's Day 2019

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:01 pm

I found this episode rather hard to believe. I mean, Little Joe pulling a gun... on his father?! That's something that certainly served its purpose: To shock the life out of its viewers! :laughing If that's what the directors, writers, and producers were going for, then it surely worked. :grin
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

sapphyr2018
Badges: 2
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

Group Member New Member Post

View all badges

Post by sapphyr2018 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:01 am

I agree with you. Little Joe shouldn't have a gun at all. He's too hot headed.

littlejoenice wrote:I found this episode rather hard to believe. I mean, Little Joe pulling a gun... on his father?! That's something that certainly served its purpose: To shock the life out of its viewers! :laughing If that's what the directors, writers, and producers were going for, then it surely worked. :grin
These users thanked the author sapphyr2018 for the post:
littlejoenice

Return to “Season 1”