Episode 6 - THE JULIA BULETTE STORY

Bonanza Season 1 Episodes
Episode Guide
Bonanza Episodes
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Hoss

Episode 6 - THE JULIA BULETTE STORY

Post by Episode Guide » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:02 pm

Date: October 17, 1959

Summary: Joe is attracted to French saloon owner Julia Bulette. Ben is not pleased with their relationship due to the fact of her past and their age difference. Ben asks Julia to stop seeing Joe. At first she agrees, but later changes her mind. Julia offers her saloon to help care for the sick after a scarlet fever epidemic breaks out. Shortly afterwards, Julia is robbed and stabbed.

Written by: Al Ward
Directed by: Christian Nyby
Guest Stars: Jane Greer (Julia Bulette); Alexander Scourby (John Millain); Victor Sen Yung (Hop Sing); Harry Seymour (Piano Player); Robert J. Stevenson (George Romley); Kem Dibbs (Sheriff Olins); Roy Engel, Kay Kuter, Mary Munday, Rush Williams, Robert B. Williams.

Slideshow gif image by Bejules

Candy_Girl
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot
Badges: 15
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Candy

Escape To Ponderosa Christmas 2017 Not So Guilty Pleasures In Memory David Canary
Group Member Like us on fb 100 Posts The Coloring Book
PODs The Reading Club Fan Fic Fun September Song 2016
School Daze SPOOK-tacular Halloween 2016 Michael Landon Birthday 2016

View all badges

Re: Episode 6 - THE JULIA BULETTE STORY

Post by Candy_Girl » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:50 pm

I liked this episode, despite the weird relationship between Julia and Little Joe. I really did not like the ending here at all. I think Millain should have been killed. The interaction with the brothers are a little better, even though still trying to find the characters.

daisy60
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Badges: 142
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

Bonanza's 60th Anniversary BINGO Line Summer 2019 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 3 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2
Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1 BINGO After Party Zazzle Buyer BINGO Spare Round-Up Game
BINGO Search Round-Up Game Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Search Valentine's Day Oscar Chat 2019
BINGO Gutterball Valentine's Valentine's Day 2019 15,000 Posts Out Of The Blue

View all badges

Post by daisy60 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:24 pm

I love the episode also. In RL, although Julia was a real person who lived in Virginia City, it wouldn't have been in the time frame as the episode. Naturally for me, I love the fight scene between Millian and Joe and the way Adam slings him over his shoulders like a sack of grain! The death scene at the end was very true to how Julia actually died. Millian was killed later on. I read that Michael was cracking jokes before the scene but when they started shooting the scene he turned on the tears like a pro!

littlejoenice
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 147
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Fall Writing Challenge 2019 Reader's Choice Level 3 Bonanza Ballads Level 11 Bonanza's 60th Anniversary
Summer Reading 2019 September Song 2019 Poetry Portfolio David Canary Birthday 2019
Bonanza Ballads Level 10 BINGO Strike Summer 2019 Bonanza Ballads Level 9 Board Navigation 2019
Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 FFW 2019 Discussion FFW 2019 Epilogue FFW 2019 Fun In The Old West

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:55 pm

I really enjoyed this episode, particularly the part where Ben goes to Julia concerning the welfare-- er-- reputation of his son.
These users thanked the author littlejoenice for the post:
sapphyr2018
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."

Return to “Season 1”