ellen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 122
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Forum Moderator Zazzle Buyer Springtime 2019 Oscar Chat 2019
Out Of The Blue Step Up 2019 Christmas 2018 Thanksgiving 2018
Sadie Hawkins Day 2018 Without A Trace 8 Surprise Level 3 Behind The Scenes
Coffee with the Cartwrights Surprise Level 2 Surprise Level 1 Break The Record eff 2018

View all badges

Re: Episode 18 - A HOUSE DIVIDED

Post by ellen » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:35 am

Drifter wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:10 pm
i didn’t quite understand why Kyle sought Little Joe and how he knew of him. I can assume he had a relationship with his mother before she met Ben, but how did he know she had a son so many years later?

I also don’t quite know why he needed Joe. Kyle was able to do business in other cities by himself. I don’t see how this was different.
You know, I've never even thought about that, but it's a great point. And why did Kyle think that "Little Joe Cartwright" of all people would be able to influence the movers and shakers of Virginia City?

Kyle must have known Marie pretty well, since he had her picture. In fact, you would think Joe would have had a lot of suspicion about why he had that picture. I suppose in the present day it wasn't that big a deal, but back then it would have been pretty unusual for someone who wasn't a spouse, child, or intimate friend to have someone's picture.
:ellen Congress is so strange. A man gets up to speak and says nothing. Nobody listens. Then everybody disagrees. - Will Rogers

daisy60
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Badges: 141
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael

BINGO Line Summer 2019 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 3 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 2 Game Night 12 ~ 2019 Level 1
BINGO After Party Zazzle Buyer BINGO Spare Round-Up Game BINGO Search Round-Up Game
Saint Patrick's Day 2019 BINGO Search Valentine's Day Oscar Chat 2019 BINGO Gutterball Valentine's
Valentine's Day 2019 15,000 Posts Out Of The Blue Amazon Buyer

View all badges

Re: Episode 18 - A HOUSE DIVIDED

Post by daisy60 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:43 pm

ellen wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:35 am
Drifter wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:10 pm
i didn’t quite understand why Kyle sought Little Joe and how he knew of him. I can assume he had a relationship with his mother before she met Ben, but how did he know she had a son so many years later?

I also don’t quite know why he needed Joe. Kyle was able to do business in other cities by himself. I don’t see how this was different.
You know, I've never even thought about that, but it's a great point. And why did Kyle think that "Little Joe Cartwright" of all people would be able to influence the movers and shakers of Virginia City?

Kyle must have known Marie pretty well, since he had her picture. In fact, you would think Joe would have had a lot of suspicion about why he had that picture. I suppose in the present day it wasn't that big a deal, but back then it would have been pretty unusual for someone who wasn't a spouse, child, or intimate friend to have someone's picture.

I never really thought about it but you're correct. Pictures weren't as assessable back then the way they are today. The episode never really explained how he had Joe's mother's picture. They couldn't have been that close. :think

Return to “Season 1”