THat could be a photographic essay about Ben being a father.

It rocks, but never moves!

Moderator: Tracy

mumu74
Drover
Drover
Badges: 15
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben

Former Forum Host Happy New Year 2024 100 Posts 1,000 Posts
Volunteer Video PODs FanFic Writer Badge
Holiday Decorations 2010 Lorne Greene's Birthday 2015 Surprise Surprise
Surprise Surprise Surprise

View all badges

THat could be a photographic essay about Ben being a father.

Post by mumu74 »

When I see Ben Cartwright with children or teenage, I realise, that he knew exactly how to speak, how to take care of them, how to handle difficult situations. So why is Ben Cartwright a fantastic fatherly figur ? Just look at what happens today around you, and you'll understand.

Have you ever experimented that : you're outside , in a place or in a room. And there are people, and those people are acting. And you're there and you watch, and you listen. It often happens to me. I'm working with children, as maybe you know, I'm a teacher. And so I'm in relation with parents, and you know what ? It's hard being parents. You need a license to drive, you need special exam to do a job, but everybody may have children and raise them. But it's very hard. You have a little future woman or a little future man and you have to guide them. And it's not easy. Everybody can make mistake, but nobody has the right neglecting his duty. That means being mature enough to raise a child.

Maybe Ben should have written a book for parenting. Too bad, this book doesn't exist ; but maybe parents today should watch some Bonanza episode, and they could follow his advices. He is a very good example to follow....

So I will try to show, what he did and why it was a wise way to act. With picture it will be better. And feel free to add some comments and pictures. Now, Bens gals and other, let's go to the Bens parenting show...

:nod there's something I was thinking about :

I'm quite certain, there are so many things Ben NEVER did :

- He never let a child pushing too far, he never let a bad behaviour getting without consequences.

- He never let children in the middle of tensions, fights.

- He never accepted tantrums or disobediance or disrespect.

- He never accepted not finished homeworks or chores, he wanted jobs done seriously.

This topic has 63 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Ben's Bunkhouse”