- Forum Moderator
- Posts: 32482
- Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:58 pm
- Badges: 346
- Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben, Adam, Hoss, Joe
- Location: Florida, but my heart will always be in Fairport, NY.
The adventures of a marshal and his young deputies, this series was set in a section of Oklahoma infested at the time with bandit gangs, gunmen, and robbers.
The program aired fifty one-hour episodes from September 29, 1960, to May 10, 1962. The first season was shot in black-and-white, the second in color.
Barton MacLane starred as Marshal Frank Caine
In the first season, Don Collier starred as Deputy Marshal Will Foreman.
Here on Bonanza Boomers, we know Don Collier from the episodes The Mission, The Good Samaritan, The Flannel-Mouth Gun,
Credit for a Kill, and The Saddle Stiff.
Jock Gaynor appeared in the first season as Deputy Heck Martin, the on-screen nephew of Deputy Marshal Foreman.
In the second season, MacLane left the program, and Collier was promoted to full marshal, with Bruce Yarnell joining the cast as Deputy Marshal Chalk Breeson. Here on Bonanza Boomers, we know Bruce Yarnell as Cousin Muley Jones (“The Saga of Muley Jones” and “Hound Dog”).
Slim Pickens (Bonanza episodes Half A Rogue, King of the Mountain, Catch As Catch Can, and What Are Pardners For?), appeared as "Slim" in the second season.
[attachment=0]Slim Pickens and Don Collier.jpg[/attachment]
Judy Lewis (the child of actors Loretta Young and Clark Gable), also appeared the second season as Connie Masters, an employee of the Wells Fargo office in Stillwater.
- Slim Pickens and Don Collier.jpg (19.95 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
- Judy Lewis.jpg (106.02 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
- Bruce Yarnell.jpg (73.56 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
- Jock Gaynor.jpg (6.56 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
- Don Collier.jpg (22.04 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
- cast.jpg (18.23 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
- Barton MacLane.JPG (17.77 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
- Posts: 28435
- Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:40 am
- Badges: 226
- Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam
I can't remember watching this series, because I think it wasn't shown on German TV.
But I know there were also some well known guest stars in that series like Vic Morrow and James Coburn.
Don't dream your life - live your dream. (Tommaso Campanella)
- Trail Boss
- Posts: 21277
- Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:29 am
- Badges: 164
- Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Joe/Michael
- Location: Florida
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests