New Kid on the Hitching Post

Say hello and tell us how you got here.
Forum rules
Welcome to Bonanza Boomers. We’re happy to have you join us. Please take a moment to read our forum guidelines by clicking here.
BarbT
Buckaroo
Buckaroo
Badges: 55
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

Happy 16th Anniversary Happy 14th Anniversary 13th Anniversary Mike Landon Birthday 2020
Summer 2020 July 4 2020 12th Anniversary BB 5,000 Posts
Bonanza's 60th Anniversary 11th Anniversary 10th Anniversary Letter L Mike's Birthday 2018
Surprise Level 1 Stuffed In Chat 2018 Meet & Greet Chat 2018 Readin', Writin' ...

View all badges

Re: New Kid on the Hitching Post

Post by BarbT »

Welcome to Bonanza Boomers, Janet! :welcome
Adamant
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 394
Stories: 5
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam/Any PR character

Forum Moderator Bonanza Ballads Level 34 Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024 Happy 16th Anniversary
Library Author Holiday Participation 2023 Christmas Bauble 2023 Bonanza Ballads Level 33
September Song 2023 Bonanza Ballads Level 32 Big Library Story 2023 Fan Fiction Reviewer Level 8
Bonanza Ballads Level 31 St. Patrick's Day Limerick '23 Happy 15th Anniversary Reader's Choice Level 9

View all badges

Post by Adamant »

:welcome , Janet to, ranch2
We never really grow up; we just learn how to act in public--anonymous
Janet the Wicked
Buckaroo
Buckaroo
Badges: 95
Stories: 2
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben

St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Reader's Choice Level 17 Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card
Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024 Reader's Choice Level 16 Reader's Choice Level 15 Happy 16th Anniversary
Holiday Participation 2023 Deck The Halls Dan Birthday 2023 Thanksgiving Recipe 2023
Ponderosa Nightmares 2023 ML Birthday 2023 Break The Record Level 2 Halloween Art 2023

View all badges

Post by Janet the Wicked »

Very happy to be here. I enjoyed reading up on Pernell. I kinda had an idea from watching Bonanza that he was probably a decent person. He certainly seemed to enjoy himself on the show, even though he wasn't happy with the scripts. But, what a job. He got to work outside, ride horses, kiss a lot of pretty girls. And he got to drink beer!
Nice to know he was cordial with his fans. He must have been a very special guy. I love him even more now.
I was on a website where somebody had a folder of screen caps called Adam Leaning. I had to laugh, but you know, he really does lean on things all the time. Last night I was watching an episode of Bonanza and Adam was leaning on a wagon wheel. I wonder why that was? Somewhere in the biography, someone mentioned he had a bad back. But in a lot of the shows, he is very active - chopping wood or sawing, fighting - he certainly didn't look like he had a bad back.
“I love the sound of your voice. It’s so friendly and reassuring like a lighthouse horn at night.” Elizabeth, My Love

WHAT IN TARNATION IS GOING ON DOWN THERE?!!!
littlejoenice
Wrangler
Wrangler
Badges: 281
Stories: 4
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Ben and Adam

Bonanza Ballads Level 36 Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card Prop Fiction level 2
Valentine's Day Broken Heart Happy 16th Anniversary Winter Memories 23/24 Bonanza Ballads Level 35
Library Author Bonanza Ballads Level 34 Bonanza Ballads Level 33 Spring Has Spring
Bonanza Ballads Level 32 BINGO Participant Winter '23 Bonanza Ballads Level 31 Ponderosa Nightmares 2022

View all badges

Post by littlejoenice »

Howdy, janet0312, and :welcometoboomers I sure hope you like it here on the :ranch2 . :grin
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What you're saying is that at your age, you don't know the difference between a girl and a horse?

Ben to Little Joe in "Day of the Dragon."
Janet the Wicked
Buckaroo
Buckaroo

St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Reader's Choice Level 17 Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card
Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024 Reader's Choice Level 16 Reader's Choice Level 15 Happy 16th Anniversary
Holiday Participation 2023 Deck The Halls Dan Birthday 2023 Thanksgiving Recipe 2023
Ponderosa Nightmares 2023 ML Birthday 2023 Break The Record Level 2 Halloween Art 2023

View all badges

littlejoenice wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:59 am Howdy, janet0312, and :welcometoboomers I sure hope you like it here on the :ranch2 . :grin
I love it here! I sure hit the proverbial jackpot when I came across this site. Thank you!
“I love the sound of your voice. It’s so friendly and reassuring like a lighthouse horn at night.” Elizabeth, My Love

chezza
Ranch Hand
Ranch Hand
Badges: 15
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Pernell Roberts Birthday 2022 St. Patrick's Day Limerick '22 Merry Christmas 2021 Holidays Past 2021
Dan Blocker Birthday 2021 Halloween Haiku 2021 Haiku Poem 2021 St Patrick's Day Limerick 2021
Lorne Greene Birthday 2021 Pernell Roberts Birthday 2020 Poetry Portfolio 100 Posts
St Patrick's Day Limerick 2020 FanFic Writer Badge New Member Post

View all badges

Post by chezza »

Hi Janet
Welcome to Boomers. I'm a Newbie too.
As for Adam leaning...I think it's all those heavy muscles. Makes it hard for him to remain upright :adam I'm a big fan of the muscles and the leaning.
And I'm sure you'll enjoy it here
Chezza
janet0312 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:17 am Very happy to be here. I enjoyed reading up on Pernell. I kinda had an idea from watching Bonanza that he was probably a decent person. He certainly seemed to enjoy himself on the show, even though he wasn't happy with the scripts. But, what a job. He got to work outside, ride horses, kiss a lot of pretty girls. And he got to drink beer!
Nice to know he was cordial with his fans. He must have been a very special guy. I love him even more now.
I was on a website where somebody had a folder of screen caps called Adam Leaning. I had to laugh, but you know, he really does lean on things all the time. Last night I was watching an episode of Bonanza and Adam was leaning on a wagon wheel. I wonder why that was? Somewhere in the biography, someone mentioned he had a bad back. But in a lot of the shows, he is very active - chopping wood or sawing, fighting - he certainly didn't look like he had a bad back.
Dori
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 346

Forum Moderator St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Valentine's Day Card Happy New Year 2024
Holiday Participation 2023 Christmas Bauble 2023 BINGO Halloween Participant BINGO Halloween Gutterball
BINGO Spare Spring 2023 BINGO Participant Spring 2023 BINGO L Spring 2023 St. Patrick's Day Art 2023
Clean Up The Kitchen BINGO Participant Winter '23 Happy 15th Anniversary Happy New Year 2023

View all badges

Post by Dori »

:welcome to Boomers!
ansinico
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 585
Stories: 17
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe/Adam

Forum Moderator St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Reader's Choice Level 22 Bonanza Ballads Level 45
Lorne Greene Birthday 2024 Valentine's Day Card Guess the Guest Star 5 - 2024 Reader's choice Level 21
Happy 16th Anniversary Happy New Year 2024 Deck The Halls Holiday Participation 2023
Christmas Bauble 2023 Bonanza Ballads Level 44 Reader's Choice Level 20 Holiday Music 2023

View all badges

Post by ansinico »

:boomsaloon Welcome on board Janet0312, you'll find all you need to know about the PR/ :adam legendary lean. :grin
"You'd have died of a real bad case of slow."
"Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows." Michael Landon

:grimesgirl :dg
Virtual friends never log off or shut down, they are on board forever.
patina
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 372
Stories: 15

Forum Moderator Librarian St Patrick's Day Puzzlers 2024 Happy 16th Anniversary
Happy New Year 2024 Holiday Participation 2023 Christmas Bauble 2023 Library Validator
BINGO Halloween Spare BINGO Halloween Participant Library Author BINGO Halloween Gutterball
Library Helper FWC Level 5 BINGO Spare Spring 2023 BINGO Participant Spring 2023

View all badges

Post by patina »

:welcome to Boomers, janet!
Wicked Wit of the West
Boomers Librarian
Janet the Wicked
Buckaroo
Buckaroo

View all badges

chezza wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:16 pm Hi Janet
Welcome to Boomers. I'm a Newbie too.
As for Adam leaning...I think it's all those heavy muscles. Makes it hard for him to remain upright :adam I'm a big fan of the muscles and the leaning.
And I'm sure you'll enjoy it here
Chezza
Heh. I have an idea that Pernell was a lazy... well lazy. But I adore him. From what I've read, he seemed to have been a wicked (yes, I'm from the Boston area), sort. I just can't can't over how handsome he was. He must have been beating the girls off with a stick.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”