In memory of David Canary

Built by his own two hands for all his fans!
A place to discuss David Canary.
Threem
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Badges: 154
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Adam

Forum Moderator Pernell Roberts Birthday 2019 Fun With Captions Level 2 Lorne Greene Birthday 2019
Amazon Buyer 11th Anniversary Dan's Birthday 2018 Mike's Birthday 2018
Time For A Commercial Break 4 September Song 2018 David's Birthday 2018 Lorne Greene Birthday
10th Anniversary Letter M Christmas 2017 Dan Blocker Birthday Thanksgiving To Remember

View all badges

In memory of David Canary

Post by Threem » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:42 pm

One of the most riveting roles, I think, that David played was George McClaney in the 1967 episodes, "Nitro 1 & 2" of Gunsmoke. George was a down on his luck cowboy with a saloon-girl girlfriend. He agrees to help some men extract nitroglycerin from boiling dynamite and skimming off the nitro that floats to the surface. A very dangerous task. George is to get paid from the money the men get from using the nitro to rob banks. With that money he hopes to start a new and better life. Your heart goes out to George, and you hope beyond hope that it works out, but it doesn't.

I remember holding my breath, along with George, in that last attempt he had at making nitro. The camera cuts back to the saloon where his girl is waiting when we hear the explosion.

David was a brilliant actor who left us too soon.
These users thanked the author Threem for the post (total 5):
KarolansinicowestisbestJanuaryCandy_Girl
Love him forever....

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Canary's Nest”