Meeting Michael Landon 1977

Cozy enough for two; will it be Joe and you?
A place to discuss Michael Landon.

Moderators: lovemychico, ansinico

bonanza1
Cowboy
Cowboy
Badges: 113
Who is your favorite Bonanza character?: Little Joe

Bonanza's 60th Anniversary September Song 2019 David Canary Birthday 2019 Springtime 2019
Saint Patrick's Day 2019 Convention 2019 Lorne Greene Birthday 2019 Valentine's Day 2019
Out Of The Blue Super Bowl 2019 11th Anniversary Step Up 2019
Winter 2018/2019 Christmas 2018 Dan's Birthday 2018 Thanksgiving questions 2018

View all badges

Meeting Michael Landon 1977

Post by bonanza1 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:58 pm

This is a "follow up" to my original story in the Little Joe Junction forum a few years ago.

In May 1977, I took another trip to Mobile, Alabama to watch Mike host the Junior Miss Pageant. Since this was my second time, I kind of “knew the ropes”, so to speak. It was a bit easier for me to get around the city, and I made a local friend who joined me most of the time. I had met her the year before at the airport, and we remained friends.

image8.jpg

I had my “Temporary Badge” from the previous year, and it worked fine. I blended in with the families and friends who were there to cheer on the contestants. I took along a Super 8 Movie camera, and shot footage of Mike on stage during rehearsals. My cinematography skills were not the best, to say the least! I had shaky footage, and fast “pans”. I was trying to catch Mike when he wasn’t looking, but somehow I just know he saw what I was doing!

Everyone was very casual, and Mike came out and sat in the audience during breaks. He talked to people, and definitely didn’t have “I’m the star” attitude in the least. He signed autographs and posed for pictures.

I gave him a photo collage of some photos I took off the TV. He really loved it, and mentioned that Lynn did too! I treasure the short meetings and conversations I had with him. I’m so glad I “went for it” a second time!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bonanza1 on Mon May 13, 2019 1:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login

Return to “Michael's Little House”